1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Reiza, suggestions on new version release and steam update.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heiyoo, Sep 22, 2017.

1. heiyoo

heiyoo New Member

Dear Reiza,

“HiPole”, as one of the most popular SimRacing community in China, I am writing to you for some suggestions and hopefully you hear us.

HiPole uses Automobilista as our main motorsports simulator platform for online racing on a weekly basis including hundreds of participants inside the community. We have been playing for years since GSC and your efforts of continuously update witnesses our great appreciation for bringing a one-of-a-kind arena. However,

WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO RELEASE AND PUSH UPDATES ON MONDAY INSTEAD OF ON FRIDAY AND DURING WEEKEND!

Some key changes of Automobilista v1.4.76 (Released Sep 22, 2017) brought us a huge trouble for an up-coming event just about to run on Saturday night! Sep 23, 2017 (GMT+8) will see a two-hour endurance racing for more than 30 participants as our series ending battle but your update to have disabled ‘DynHUD’ leaves us NO BUFFER to prepare for the changes and subsequent actions, which is our main concern to receive such important update right before Race Day.

There is a large number of our simracing drivers use DynHUD as main in-game indicator to monitor our position, lap time, tire&brake status, oil&water temperature, etc. Many of us have different customized settings but everybody has to accept ‘Native’ HUD now which most of us didn’t choose to use before. More importantly, all participants have to get use toit and get ready for the battle with less than 24 HOURS. This particular change so shortly would definately lower the overall quality of our event and sets a nagetive impact to our community.

• From community admin perspective, this urgent change brought us huge challenges such as:
    • Inform everybody update to most recent AMS version on timely manner
    • Update server accordingly
    • Investigate key changes and translate to local language then inform everyone
    • Internal testing of key changes and do stress testing on server
    • Positive feedback is great but negative impact means tons of extra work
    • Necessary to decide whether or not to rollback to ensure a smooth event

All these above are pretty much same from other simracing communities around the globe and we believe more or less they may have same concerns. V1.4.76 is a most recent negative impact for us but the point we decide to raise our voice is we had been impacted for quite a few times before.

WE HOPE YOU HEAR US and again we truly appreciate for your great efforts bringing us so much fun!

Best regards,
    HiPole

• Like Like x 1
  2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

DunHUD has been disabled by default because of issues with the latest Windows 10 update, however you can enable DynHUD in the configuration tool. I haven't downloaded any Win10 updates lately so DynHUD works fine for me.

3. Sam Smith

Sam Smith Member AMS2 Club Member

Grab 'evohud' from racedepartment and leave all your worries behind :)

4. heiyoo

heiyoo New Member

Thank you, I'll have a try

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I suggested something like this before, releasing updates on Monday 8am CET wouldn't hit any league world wide I think
    On the other hand you can select previous versions from AMS in Steam, thus holding the update for after the race (not sure if you can do it while the game is updating, dont know how that works with the server either)

• Like Like x 1
  6. heiyoo

heiyoo New Member

Yep, it could be reverted to an early version in steam. Our league used that before, but sometimes it's in a hurry so not everyone could finish that before the race ...

7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Release schedules are influenced by several things, including our own workflow which usually leads to new builds being release-ready on fridays. Our point of view is that holding back releases are not in the best interests of the user base as a whole.

I do understand naturally that releases shortly before league races can be a pain, but leagues do race every day including monday, even if races tend to concentrate on weekends we´re still going to get in the way of someone´s plans. That´s why we offer the option to stick with the previous release.

In sum - understand the request but can´t please everyone, best to work with the way things are done.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Member