Triple Screen, SLI - FOV Problem

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Didier Savanah, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Didier Savanah

Didier Savanah New Member

Please fix FOV problem with triple screen (possible also with sli setups).

FOV gets reset to default as soon as a level is loaded. You can see it happen in the "TV window" as the change takes effect (kind of a zooming effect being displayed). This has been a persistant problem for the last few updates!
    The update before last seemed to fix it, then a hot-fix re introduced the error.

After a level is loaded and the FOV resets, going to the display settings and fixing it doesn't work AT-ALL! You will see the FOV settings fly through all the values and then returns to Default setting!

Please, please help!!!!

I have Intel i7-4770K
    32 GB Ram
    Windows 7, 64-bit

Triple Screen setup with Dual Gforce 770 gtx in SLI configuration.
    I normally use a FOV value of 23.

Controllers
    ---------------
    Thrustmast T500 RS Steering Wheel,
    TH8A Gearbox,
    T3PA Pedal set
    Cyborg V.1 joystick (Modified to use as a Button Box & Handbrake)

Additional Supporting Software
    ------------------------------------------
    SimXperience - Sim Commander 4 (SimVibe)
    TrackIR 5 - Head Tracking
    dashmeterpro

P.S.
    No DynHUD files logged after following "Reporting Issues" instructions above and in addition the only UserData/LOG file generated was RaceCastTrace.txt and it only contained the word "RaceCastTrace"

P.P.S. After updating video drivers, the behaviour is slightly different now!. When a level loads FOV appears correct, until I press the ignition button (or any other for that matter), after doing so, the FOV changes to default again!. Trying to fix it from the display menu does nothing, as going back to the game immediately resets the changes!!

Once again,
    Please, Please Help!!!
    I SO want to love this game. It worked perfectly since it's release but now FOV is driving me insane!!!

2. Didier Savanah

Sorry, I included information on DynaHud and RaceCastTrace, these items were suggested via the steam Reporting Issues link, I cut and pasted my message from there to here

3. Didier Savanah

It's been 2, maybe 3 updates since i originally posted this issue.

I'm not even sure this is an official site to report errors any more, as barely anyone has even bothered to view this message, let alone to comment on the viability of fixing it.

I concede I may be the ONLY person in the world who has a problem maintaining the FOV of my choosing with the type of computer setup i described above. but even still, it's amazing if true!

Please, could someone from Reiza Studios respond with some kind of comment on my problem. I would like to know whether I should be keeping this game on my computer, or just move on and forget I ever bothered with Automobilista, a game I once considered "Best of the Bunch".

Cheers

4. macmaniacoes

macmaniacoes Member AMS2 Club Member

Unplug all controllers, start the game, load keyboard profile and run a test day. If it stops doing that, then one of your controllers is firing by itself and is assigned to FOV . My bet is the joystick. It's the only thing I can think offf

5. Didier Savanah

You hit the nail on the head!

I followed your instructions, the FOV worked fine with only keyboard controls. So i hooked up the steering wheel & gear stick next and still fine. Then i switched on the Cyborg V.1 joystick (I modified it to use as a button box & Handbrake) and sure enough, the FOV was mapped to one of the pots (joystick's rotation axis control). When i mapped FOV to the keyboard instead, the problem went away.

So thanks macmaniacoes you saved the day. I am now a very happy chappie!!

6. macmaniacoes

macmaniacoes Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad it worked, it was a shot in the dark :)