Automobilista - September 2017 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone! We´ve got another update for you, this time sharing some news about the upcoming V1.4.8 release, and some of what´s coming up next as we approach v1.5.0 and the definitive version of Automobilista.

A combination of things taking a bit longer than expected, some unforeseen issues demanding attention along with valuable improvements that we´ve found to be within reach have led to AMS development stretching a bit further still. All for the better though as it means AMS should end up in even better shape!

The next update is v1.4.8 and is going to bring some valuable improvements along with a new DLC:

New DLC - Brazilian Touring Car Classics

The next DLC will bring several "oldies" to AMS - the TC Classics are some of the cars that have made history in brazilian tourinc cars through the decades.

005.jpg

The DLC will include 4 models (Fusca, Gol, Passat, Uno), spread over 4 unique series:

Copa Classic - a modern mixed class series from southern Brazil running classic machines; DLC will feature Fusca, Passat, Gol and Uno with the specs these various cars run in the series.
    [​IMG]

Copa Fusca
    - a modern series from southern Brazil for Fusca (Beetle) enthusiasts.
    [​IMG]

Copa Uno -
    based on popular 1990s brazilian Formula Uno series, with the street car stripped down to the basics:
    [​IMG]

Hot Cars
    (brazilian TC series from early 1980s, derivative of the previous Divisão 3 from 70s), featuring seriously tuned up versions of these classic cars. DLC will feature Fusca, Passat and Gol:
    hot car Interlagos  abril 1981 (1).jpg

All series feature the 4 models in a wide variety of configurations presenting very distinct challenges.

Special thanks on this one to the good people involved with the Copa Classic championship who have been super friendly and very helpful with information. It´s very hard to find data for these cars, specially the older ones from the early 80s so having people who have lived through this history be so engaged is both and a very pleasant experience. The series is based in the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul which has some of the strongest motorsports culture in the country - it has been a great experience to get to know it better.

There are some other interesting models that some are sure to miss not being included - unfortunately we we had initially set out to do only 3 Hot Cars models and ended up going further with 4 models and a bunch of variations covering 4 different series, so we´d already stretched our schedule for it as much as we could. It´s not out of the question though that some new "old" models will be added further down the line.

V1.4.8 update

Further AI Developments

@Alex Sawczuk took a break from track modelling this month to take a few stabs at the code, and he´s managed some valuable AI improvements in the process, including a revamped blue flag logic - AI cars now better evaluate approaching cars and move out of the way:

We have also increased rate AI assesses situations by 4x which should result in more appropriate behavior in several racing situations - this makes it much less likely the AI will get confused and veer off the track, or not "see" a car coming up alongside.

DynHUD issues

We´re hoping we have a fix for the recent DynHUD issues that came up for Windows 10 users following a recent system update included in v1.4.8. In any case we´ll be also looking to improve some remaining niggles with DynHUD and also beef up the native HUD a bit more as an alternative.

The run down to 1.5.0

Following v1.4.8 we´ll be on the final stretch to the definitive version of AMS - at the moment we´re still undecided on whether there will be a public v1.4.9 or if we´ll go straight to v1.5.0 - depends on the rate of progress we manage next month.

Here are some of the goodies still to come:

Metalmoro AJR
    Metalmoro AJR_WIP.jpg

As announced a couple of months back, the hot new prototype from Metalmoro is coming up next for AMS. The model is shaping up quite nicely :)

Turbo model

@Niels Heusinkveld and @Luis Miguel have been working on finalizing the turbo model and it will be included in time for v1.5.0, including updated physics for all turbo cars in the sim to use the new model.

Spielberg 2017

Spielberg_2017.jpg

@ilka has been working on an update to the modern Spielberg track, to include the latest reforms since the track was originally modelled. Although the track hasn´t had its layout altered, there are several curb and run-off changes, a new grandstand in the home straight along with other cosmetic modifications.

There is more still to come of course - look forward to sharing some final surprises with you all :)

That´s all for this month - hope you all enjoy the coming update!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 33
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing how you keep improving every single aspect of the game! :)
    Looking forward to all these goodies! Curious to try out the TC Classics: this is really unusual, and not content I would expect from any other sim! You already made me discover the Stock cars (old and modern), the Vee, and so many unknown brazilian tracks; this is what I like about your games!
    Just a bit sad hearing about the final AMS; even if I know the journey will continue... The AMS development has been amazing, you really went further any expectation I had!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How far away you reckon is v1.5.0 ?

5. Rob Thompson

Rob Thompson Active Member

6. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

7. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to it! Thanks fellas.

8. Antaka

Antaka New Member

:hurrayreiza: It's great to see how each update brings something meaningful to the game!

It's a bit sad to know the dev cycle it's coming to the end, but at the same time I'm really excited to hear about future :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Dev cycle will start again with Reiza 18 so we have just to sit and wait...sit and..wait...(taking air)...sit and...waiiiiit...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. ZoltanSz

ZoltanSz Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this the last DLC for the game?

11. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Thank you thank you thank you! I bought 2 more AMS keys just to support further development.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. ZoltanSz

ZoltanSz Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the DLC still due for today?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  13. Roberto Moraes

Roberto Moraes New Member

A Gauchada agradece Reiza Studios

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Brilliant stuff, thanks Reiza for all the hard work :)

Especially the AI work has been a huge improvement and if they start to take blue flags into account as well that will be great, this is some of my favourite AI to race against.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Oh yes! Thanks!
    But...can I ask you guys to make real a poor guy wish?
    Can we have the lcd window with a fixed height?
    If you change lcd page it changes dimension too based on content...
    ...and what about tires/brakes on "car status" page back?
    Why non-DynHud users shouldn't have those kind of information?
    There are some parts of the HUD where text is on top of icons (like car body damage and fuel info)...
    It needs more love! :p

PS: GSC2012 tachometer and font wasn't bad at all...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  16. Ike Ramos

Ike Ramos Member AMS2 Club Member

Is not the classic update coming out in beta?

17. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice improvements. I really hope you can add much more valuable data to the DynHud, or preferably the native HUD.

I dont have a race engineer to tell me if the the tyre pressure and camber are absolutely spot or as best as it can be for the session, yet GID hud pluguin has better UI options and its reading the data from the game so the native could be far better. I would rather use a native UI, as third party apps are post process like overlays and are prone to glitch badly using 21:9 triples.

18. Atsuki

Atsuki Member AMS2 Club Member

You can use crewChief, it's a pretty useful tool!

19. Rodrigo Vicente

Rodrigo Vicente New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a question, of a long time ago ... The 'tire flex & wing flex' that were seen in a video of GSC Extreme, will not be included in the Automobilista v1.5? Thanks! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Smiggie

Smiggie Member

Maybe it's just impossible, I know it is just a selfish profound desire and you guys were amazing during all the development of AMS, so much content, so much satisfaction!

This:

... for me would be the Automobilista's "Swan song". The last one missing :oops: (what a beast with the new turbo model :rolleyes:)

• Like Like x 1