Would like to see this era of f1..

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Msportdan, Aug 1, 2016.

1. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

With the news that a proper turbo model is now imminent... might this era of f1 be a last F1 entry for Automobilista?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Nick

Nick New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll probably never be able to show my face in here again after saying this, but I think I would vote for an F2/GP2 style car ahead of another F1 car. It would complete the open wheel "career ladder" very nicely for me. The jump from F3 to the F1 models is HUGE.

Also, it's a blast trying to take them, but many of these F1 models are a bit too much of a handful for most sim racers. Not saying I don't appreciate having them around, just saying I'm not sure I'd be real quick to jump in a field of these cars online (I think you'd find 1 or 2 guys running away with it with everyone else looking like they are making a failed attempt at filming a click bait-y "drifting in an F1 car!" YouTube video).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree Nick. I love the F3 cars and had the best racing with them as the field generally does not get so stretched out as with faster cars. The FUltimate is an awesome car truly and the grip levels insane, but for me they are simply too much, too intense and really exceed my particular skill levels. Rather have the Retros any day.

4. traind

But that sounds exactly like modern f1, lol. A couple of cars pulling away from everyone else....

Still, bring on the early 80s, crazy turbos!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. traind

Check out Niels latest talk and drive on Youtube... #31. This era of f1 looks like it's coming... and it looks like an awesome handful! Fantastic!

Reiza, please release it... and with full boost as an option to play with too!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1