Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tested with a single player online no swingman, changed from practice to qualifying and I can't reproduce.

2. Omm

Omm New Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.8r
    Track & Layout Used
    : any
    Car Used: Ultima race, copa classic B
    Report: One of the drivers names in ultima race (car 03), appears in mayús. JOHN OWENS
    The same problem with copa classic B, the vehicle PASSAT MELERO is in mayús too.
    passat.jpg owens.jpg

3. Omm

Omm New Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.8r
    Track & Layout Used
    : any
    Car Used: any
    Report: The showroom have a problem, because I can rotate the vehicle under de floor, and I think in the past this movement was locked.
    showroom.jpg

4. ApexSaysNo

ApexSaysNo New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Weekend with 2 races
    Report: AMS crash to desktop when going to the second race. Happens for any track and car combination I've tested. It happens when you drive the full first race and when you fast forward through it.
    Steps to reproduce: In All Cars & Tracks: Setup a race weekend with 2 races. Skip practice and quali. Start first race, exit to monitor and press finish session to fast forward to the end of the race. Then press next session.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  5. Rix

Rix New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Buenos Aires (Full)
    Car Used: Formula Truck
    Applicable Settings: Prac/Quali/Race
    Report: All trucks going off at the second to last corner (most staying in 3rd gear then understeer)
    Steps to reproduce: Any A.I Aggression / level (90% good).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. André

André New Member

in the middle of the wheel appears something of the axis of the base that the game uses, sorry my bad english.
    [​IMG]

7. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout: Ibarra, Ecuador
    Car Used: Caterham Super Sport
    Applicable Settings: AI agression/strength = medium/110%
    Tire Wear = normal ; Fuel Usage = x4
    Use "All Cars & Tracks" menu to refuel
    Report: We pitted 3 times but somehow 4 cars did not pit to refuel on the third time. Issue01.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On Interlagos, huge and distracting texture flickering on the banner at this place:

GRAB_000.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

TRACK AND LAYOUT USED: All
    CAR USED: Super V8/ Virgin Australia Supercars 2017
    APPLICABLE SETTINGS: Normal race conditions. Normal fuel and X2 fuel
    REPORT: AI cars run out of fuel during race. AI cars dont seem to know that they are low on fuel so wont pit before fuel runs out.
    Not all AI cars run out of fuel... its a random number and different cars each time...averages between 3- to over half the field.
    Fuel usage is not correct... over a 300km race the AI only stopped once, 6 AI ran out of fuel and one AI pitted twice, the second pitstop was on the last lap.
    Over shorter X2 fuel use over a 200km distance on a different REZIA track 3 cars failed to finish, some pitted twice and some pitted 3 times... these cars are all the same type... ie use the same amount of fuel...have the same size tanks...its a control class.
    The problem with the AI fuel use has only come in around 5 Automoblista updates ago when REZIA tweaked the fuel use for the Super V8s... there was never a problem with the Super V8 mod or the Virgin Austraia Supercars mod which uses the Super V8 mod and adds skins only before the REZIA game updates occured.
    SOLUTION?: Please put back the old fuel settings from at least 4- 5 months ago... they were perfect for the Super V8 cars.
    Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Taruma, maybe others.
    Car Used: Copa Classic Cat B
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: Diferent Time Trial Leaderboard, this is normal?

Many different cars physics and it's a mix... confusing.

1.jpg

11. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Some cars (Gol Sueca at least) from Cat FL go to Cat B leaderboards as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope that explains the 1:18's at Taruma, I tried the Gol, Passat and Uno and can't get any of them below 1:21 so far :O

The FL "Trovao" Gol has 15 extra horses over the other 2 Gol's and weighs the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PicoBp

PicoBp Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: private qualifying
    Report: Spotter is calling out cars around you even in a private qualifying session, when you're virtually alone on track.
    Steps to reproduce: server with private qualifying

14. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

Track and layout used: any
    Car used: Super V8
    Applicable settings: normal fuel... fuel x2
    Report: Some AI cars ignore low fuel and dont pit... run out of fuel... (random number depending on track used).
    Steps to reproduce: Run a Super V8 race... always happens at first pitstop.... remaining AI cars tend to pit fine in pitstop 2..3 etc.

15. Nick9320

Nick9320 New Member

Track and layout used: any
    Car used: F-Ultimate
    Applicable settings: Tyres and fuel X1

Hello everyone and greetings from Russia! :)

We're racing online on Formula Ultimate and we have a big problems in online races. Especially with cars physics.

Aero: Following behind your opponent is a hard one. If you're pursuing another car in a medium and high speed corners you must release your throttle because car looses all downforce in front and just understeer too much. In that case you cannot overtake without mistakes from your opponent or big advantage on tyres at this moment. It's realy difficult to manage out and one man in front of everyone have a big advantage.

Tyres: Another big problem is a tyres. First of all if you want to win the race, you should not use Soft, Medium or Hard tyres — they are just undriveable. You can use only UltraSoft or SuperSoft compounds with 5-6 stops during the race and everyone who wants to make a strategy with minimum pitstops and harder compounds never catch you on track. Loss of time on these tyres so big that it makes harder tyres is completly unusable during the race.
    Here is example of what i mean:

This guy on Mercedes car was much quicker that the guy in front, but he cannot overtake McLaren car just in case of downforce loss when he pursuing car in front.

Online: We have another strange problem. When someone connected to server your screen just freezes on a half of a second. It's completly ruins your lap and you can just go wide out from the track or crash someone. We know about dynhud problems and we're all delete them already, but it wasn't help.

=========================

What can I say? We have a beautiful racing sereies in AMS but also we have a big problems in online racing in case of tyres and aero physics. We hope that Reiza guys on this forum look at this post and change anything for his racers.

Have a good one and thanks for your attention :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The downforce loss is actually a real thing, if you watch F1 races you know it. I'm actually happy this is being done in AMS, most F1 games/mods wont do so you have a fake 100% downforce all time (not even ground effect cars will have 100% downforce when close to others)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Nick9320

Nick9320 New Member

Hey Will! Nice to see you! :)

I agree with you, it's like in real F1, but it's an a mistake of Formula 1 at this moment I think. Who can say "Oh, I spend 15 laps or something behind this guy, but my car was undriveable, it's like a real thing, so much fun I love it! I lose the race but I'm loving it!"? We are racing online and wants some competition, we don't want this "defects" of modern F1 when we on track and race against other guys, we just want close battles and pure overtakes. If we want this maybe we must have better look at competition part of AMS racing series. Not all F1 things must be realized in F-Ultimate I think.

What is your opinion guys?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  18. AlenC

AlenC Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A - not necessary
    Car Used: N/A - not necessary, applying for all Cars
    Applicable Settings: N/A - not necessary
    Report: Random crash to desktop after certain amount of time has passed on the track. Today I had it happened after 1 hour and in another session, after 30 minutes of gameplay. After the crash, on restart, the game crashes before intro or at most during track loading. Both times I verified local files and 4 files were reacquired from steam. After file verification, the game runs normally for a while until another gameplay crash occurs.
    Steps to reproduce: Run test day on Oulton Fosters with Formula trainer for 1-1.5 hrs at least(this was the case today, but I had it happen during races and private test days with different car and track combinations).

19. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, does this happen when you are the only car in the session? Are you running out of memory? May I suggest trying turning off replays? I would guess that the crash corrupted a file, possibly the realfeel.ini, or a player profile or some other file and that caused an issue which meant the game would not start again.

20. AlenC

AlenC Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for suggestions, I'll test again without replays in private session and report back the results.

Edit: I just did another test, private test day on Brands Hatch indy and without replays. The game crashed after 30 minutes. As before, 4 files were reacquired following steam integrity check.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017