1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F Classic setup question (Niels video)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by plech, Oct 30, 2017.

1. plech

plech New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys,
    I watched the great video from Niels driving the F-Classic on Adelaide with 1250hp turbo engine.

I quite like driving the F classic because its challenging, but I Have a feeling like the back is too prone to snap oversteer if you apply a bit more throttle than you have to. And when its gone its tough to catch and takes a long time before the grip is back.

While watching the Niels video it looks like you can almost drift the car. The oversteer is catchable. Are there any setup tricks to achieve that? I tried sotfening the car, lowering tyre pressures and messing with toe and ARBs, made the car better but if I get oversteer it's still almost a snap. Nowhere near the video.

Also I feel like I dont feel the back in the FFB enough. (Note I did 1:19:00 on Adelaide 1988 but could be quicker i think)

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The car you are driving is quite different unless I am mistaken? He is showing the new turbo physics which we do not have as yet. Not my kind of car and this is just a guess but I wouldnt be surprised if it is much harder to predict with the turbo physics like in the video above. Yes the current car probably has all the power right away but it is also probably much more linear and predictable than having all of those horses arrive suddenly once the turbo spools up.

3. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, a big part of that is just sheer talent. Niels is very good at controlling any car.

Another part is input lag: his are the lowest I've ever seen in any AMS video. You won't believe the difference 20 milliseconds make during a slide correction.

And the last one is strong direct drive wheel. Pretty much the steering is always telling him where the correct angle is in order to save a slide.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The above points are valid, and there have also been some small tire physics updates in the F-Classic which has made managing wheelspin a bit easier.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. plech

plech New Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok thanks for answers ;) I kind of suspected there is no magic slider to turn it into formula drift. Nonetheless, I keep racing it because it's so challenging

• Like Like x 1