Automobilista - October 2017 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Ray Huang

Ray Huang New Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember hearing my first Judd V10 at Mid-Ohio...music to my ears!! How long ago was that??? A long time. Drowned out everything else.

2. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Read the article, man. ;)

"These new features and content should be making its way to AMS Beta very soon"

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

New integrated damage, tires and brakes (plus more) widget looks great! Assume everything will be colour-coded for cold, optimal and hot running temps.

I hope the rpms will be added to the tach dial, adjusting appropriately with each car as they do in ProHUD/DynaHUD.

Look forward to seeing the track map alternative to the horizontal position bar. The little circles representing the cars are nice.

Is the top 10 list always top 10, or will it be able to be used in "relative time" mode? That is, it is best to see the relative times of the four cars ahead and four cars behind you, plus the leader, rather than the static top 10 or only one car ahead and behind as we see in the other small position display.

Also hope that individual components can be turned on and off, if not moved as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What is a "TV overlay system"?

5. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great work on the new HUD Alex!
    I have one question regarding how the times are displayed, would it be possible to cull the zeroes from the standings and delta display?

I think it would look so much cleaner if it didn't display the zeroes, or anything, for minutes until someone falls a minute behind, for example.
    Like this...
    J Lima: 1 Lap
    N Hinder: +0.758
    F Mafra: +2.705
    A Guy: +1:03.895

Formatted more neatly than above, haha :)

It's how pretty much all TV timings are displayed in F1, touring car broadcasts etc, and it would occupy a lot less screen real estate. It's also a bit easier to pick out when you have that split second to glance across at the times..
    Please could it be made an option? Will the HUD be configurable in .ini files like DynHUD?

Thanks! :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  6. Gerdoner

Gerdoner New Member AMS2 Club Member

Once again, great work guys.
    Will the TV Overlay be editable?

7. Erwin

Erwin New Member

Great developments! Looking forward to it.

The wip HUD screenshots look already much better, thanks to the dark background and smaller font size.

The tyre sets and damage/ESC delays are also very nice and adds more realism. It probably also encourages safe driving, as you don't have unlimited spare cars anymore. Hope it's implemented intuitively into the UI, so for example you can see the state/milage of the tyre sets in the garage screen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nathaniel Reese

Nathaniel Reese Active Member AMS2 Club Member

well there used to be a rumor about big brand surprise .. but not sure where it started or how true it is :)

9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

No, it´s the TV-like graphics showing race order, laps, time, gaps etc. Can be turned on/off both in-cockpit and on TV cameras. No info on replay unfortunately, other than a "replay" banner and the selected river.

It is :)

Still to come, will be the last DLC.

As per above. Another free track to come too.

Indeed :)

It won´t be possible to move them but you can switch them on / off independently. There are also other options available from the multi-function display, such as for the standing displays (whether it´s top 10 or relative to the selected car for ex), position of the delta bar (on top or along with the other timing info), gaps to other cars (whether it´s calculated in real time or in sector times only).

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

This is just begging for yet another addon car in AMS... Any 1986 season car ;) Maybe in AMS 2 :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Who knows. Maybe lotus is the manufacturer deal and we also get toivonen's talbot-lotus sunbeam :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

This is just great. I keep asking myself "if this is based on gmotor2, what can we expect from a game built from scratch?"

:hurrayreiza:

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can expect having to wait like 6 years to get something like rf1 lol nobody is doing a sim from scratch, it makes no sense

14. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do not know if it is better place to give this suggestion, but the next Reiza project, guys, make a game dx12, project-style graphics2, I bought this game I say, motorist is light years in front of pcars2, but people play only at I do not care for graphics, but I listen to the staff, pcars is beautiful, but the rest is sad, I hope they at least have this observation, if they make a game graphically of the same level of the pcars2, with this gameplay of AMS, the reiza will destroy the competitors.

15. Justin Davis

Justin Davis New Member AMS2 Club Member

It is just amazing what you guys are doing with this engine. Just great stuff.

16. troublemaker

troublemaker New Member AMS2 Club Member

well **** me, thank you guys.

17. Dimitrios Pappas

Dimitrios Pappas Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Reiza!
    Start now a groundfunding campaign for the next masterpiece and...take my money!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Curious to know if the Limited Tire Sets & Damage Repair time will be for the AI as well? Anyone know? Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DaveS78

DaveS78 Member AMS2 Club Member

Not a big deal but 2.5 bar was actually the limit in '88. Unless I'm mistaken :p

Regardless, can't wait to try out 4.0 bar in the beta! :eek: That video from Niels got me all excited.

20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

2.5 in total (turbo + atmospheric). 1.5 refers to turbo pressure only.

• Like Like x 2