Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Marcelo Mandaji

Marcelo Mandaji Member

thanks for sharing this. i am having the same problem and will try no internet. Everytime i run the game i have to do integrity check too.

2. Marcelo Mandaji

Marcelo Mandaji Member

There is a lot of other reports like this in this forum. I already created a thread about this too and sent an email to reiza support about it too.

The game is ramdoly crashing to desktop and everytime it crashes i need to do integrity check again to reopen. If the game opens and i exit without the crash i still need to do integrity check to reopen because there always 4-6 files corrupted.

not running any of the apps mention on the manual.
    not running any mod, just the plain installation.

windows 10 gtx 970 using g27 wheel.

any other info needed?

Attached Files:

• logs.zip
      File size:
      12.9 KB
      Views:
  3. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did it ever work ok? What antivirus are you running? Try adding an exception for it.

4. Matías Corvino

Matías Corvino New Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A - not necessary
    Car Used: Fiat Uno Bala - Copa Classic
    Applicable Settings: N/A - not necessary
    Report: Fixed ride height in the front isn't simetric, on one side is has 10 cm and in the other (left), 12 cm. As it is fixed, it can't be changed.
    Steps to reproduce: Any

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AlenC

AlenC Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it started happening after Ibarra update. I tried rolling back using the beta channel, but it still continued to crash. My antivirus is Avast. I have added exceptions, but the game crashes even with antivirus completely disabled.

6. Alex Sawczuk

I've been told there is a rare sound issue that has been resolved that may cause the issue. There's not much we can do to verify it's that at this stage though.

7. Marcelo Mandaji

Marcelo Mandaji Member

Sry but you need to verify this, there is costumers here who bought this like everyone else.

BTW, there is mention about this everywhere on the internet and without any answer by Reiza.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  8. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

I think that person does not know this forum...

9. Marcelo Mandaji

Marcelo Mandaji Member

I am sure he knows but nobody here cares about anything posted about this problem.

10. AlenC

AlenC Member AMS2 Club Member

I know it's difficult to hunt for a bug that's difficult to reproduce and may not even occur on every machine. But all the testing I've done means nothing then? Just, it may be a sound issue?!?

What is the game doing over network if I'm not playing multiplayer? Does it upload lap times? Could this cause the game to crash somehow?

I'll run few more tests and post results here. If nothing else, maybe it'll help other users...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  11. Alex Sawczuk

The crash appears to be occurring in an area with no logging, so the logs do not show anything no.

I've been told that there is a potential rare issue that has been solved with the sound engine, but I do not know if this is your issue or not.

The only useful thing for testing purposes I can propose is for you to revert back to older versions of the game (use non G29 versions, 1.432 & 1.454) on Steam via the Game Properties, Steam Tab and create a new player profile on each use, and see if any of those versions stop the CTDs.

Marcelo, is your issue the same as AllenC? That you have CTDs after 30 minutes or so of gameplay? Nothing is ever random, so if you could explain how long you can play the game, how many AI you play against etc.

12. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

The only post I found of a ___Neiva user is this:
    AMS - Jogo fecha ao tentar carregar qualquer pista
    Is in the Brazilian language section, i personally find it difficult to express myself in English then in Brazilian...

The only thing I wanted to say is that I think that the staff of Reiza tries to help almost everybody and listens to us a lot, I do not think it's to put a claim on a website.

I hope anyone can help this user.

13. Marcelo Mandaji

Marcelo Mandaji Member

Yes, the exact same problem as AllenC. I will do this test to enter the sim without internet tonight and post here later.

The game crashes is not related with the track, sometimes it crashes on the menus. It crashed with no AI on test day and crashed with 25 ai at single race option.

I opened a thread on suport with the logs and already posted the logs here but if the log does not log it i think its useless now.

My system is windows 10 and i am using g27.

after the internet test i will try revert to old versions too.

thanks

ps. Try to follow all the posts at the support it's our only channel since Reiza stopped to reply emails.

14. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Where are bug reports for beta version to be posted?

15. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Vee needs some attention. Suspension has never been connected to the car and deserves some TLC to fix this obvious bug that has been around for ever.

Rear shock absorbers float at the top anchor point and rear control arms float next to the body.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mathias

Mathias New Member

Track & Layout Used: Hockenheim Rallycross
    Car Used: Rally series with only the Lancer X selected
    Applicable Settings: /
    Report: Runtime error and CTD when the track finishes loading.
    Steps to reproduce: /

Anything that could be wrong on my sides? Verified game files already.

Attached Files:

17. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How many cars are you running, maybe try less? Usually Runtime error means the game is running out of memory (remember it is still 32 bits so it only uses up to 4 Go even if you have more).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mathias

Mathias New Member

Thanks for your reply. The track only allows for 8 cars so that's what I'm running. The game should be able to handle that, right?

19. Mathias

Mathias New Member

Are championship settings affected by single race settings?

I was doing a championship event with practice, qualifying and 1 race sessions. I qualified on pole and then backed out of the championship. When I returned to race later on, I noticed I wasn't starting on pole anymore; At that point I remembered I did a quick single race earlier on with a random starting position. Then I went back to the single race settings and set the starting position at 1. I went back to the championship to race and voila, I started on pole.
    This leads me to believe that a championship race is using the single race settings instead of the championship settings selected when a championship is first started.

Edit: typing this out it just dawned on me that this could very well be a feature as well, giving you the ability to modify your settings before starting a new round, so forgive me for being stupid if that's the case.

Edit 2: Or could it be that when you exit a championship after qualifying the game just doesn't remember your grid position and puts you on a random spot? And that I after my previous testing was put on pole per coincidence?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  20. Alex Sawczuk

Hock rallyx is Beta? Known issue that's already been fixed internally if so.