"I can´t run Automobilista" - Official troubleshooting topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Marcelo Mandaji

Marcelo Mandaji Member

game crashes on splash screen and don´t open until i run configuration tool. After that the game start but randomly closes during a race. sometimes it take a while to close and other times it closes right when i enter the race track.

i disabled steam overlay and tought it was better now but still crashing.

im not using any of the apps mention on the manual.

did a trace log and will attach here.

windows 10 gtx 970 using g27 wheel.

any more info needed?

Attached Files:

• logs.zip
      File size:
      12.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Marcos

Marcos Member

I have a problem with the game. When I start a GP with a car in a track mod or in game, when the track is in charge, a message exit and out error in SKY, globlal Sky and Error g29 motor. Help Please

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Amending opening post to include a few more common place recommendations that are worth running through in case of game failing to start or repeatedly crashing to desktop - please make sure to try these first:

a) Run a Steam Integrity Check (right-click AMS in your Steam Library -> Properties -> Local files -> Run Integrity Check

b) Some times some other software causes issues, such as Open Broadcasting Studio and MSI Afterburner. Ensure they are not running at all to see if they cause some issue.

c) If you are a brazilian user and have Banco Do Brasil internet banking plugin running, try disabling it while you run the game

d) Try removing your Automobilista folder in My Docs, then re-run AMS Config & create a fresh player profile

e) Make sure no mods are interfering with the game functionality by doing a fresh install (even though older mods may have worked with previous versions of the game they may have become incompatible with recent updates)

f) Check if your antivirus program isnt interfering or blocking AMS from starting (Norton, Avira are known to cause some issues). Ensure you set an exception for your game folder.

g) Run the game in Admin mode (right-click the shortcut and select "run as admin")

h) Disable DynHUD (from AMS Config app) and delete d3d9.dll from your root AMS folder

i) Lower your Audio PostFX configuration in-game to LOW

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Renato Simioni

This is a problem with either the mod installation or the mod itself. If issues propagate to original tracks as well, make sure no extra files beyond coreshaders.mas are present in AMS/Gamedata/Shared folder.

5. Marcelo Mandaji

Marcelo Mandaji Member

As i said in my other posts i already tried all that. This new problem of crashing is diferent.
    Even if i enter and exit the game normaly without the crash i can never enter again. The game does not run. Stops during the splash screen.

Btw Renato, deleting posts will not help ;)

6. Renato Simioni

Duplicating topics and being aggressive to other members won´t help it either. I understand how frustrating it can be to have issues but it´s important we have reports & related discussions in the same place so we can keep track.

Mind you we dont always have immediate suggestions or solutions but it doesn´t mean we´re not paying attention - sometimes issues are hard to reproduce which makes it hard for us to identify and fix it.

The checklist above tends to cover the majority of CTD & failing to start reports but we have also found a couple of potential CTD causes in current release (since fixed in Beta) and we´re hunting for another which seems to persist - hopefully should make it for the next public release. If we can ask for some patience in the meantime, please lets us know if it works out for you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paulo Toledo

Paulo Toledo New Member

De uns tempos pra cá venho tendo problemas para jogar multiplayer no automobilista. Troquei a internet de Vivo (fibra) para Net, ai começaram meus problemas. Reclamei na Net e eles fizeram alguma coisas, tais como: troca do modem, troca de conectores, verificação da parte externa.
    Eu já troquei o cabo de rede, troquei a placa de rede, formatei a maquina, troquei até a placa mãe e não obtive resultado positivo. Durante o jogo deixei o sistema pingando e não há perda de pacote de dados.
    Jogo nesta mesma maquina o project Cars e Battlefiled 4 em modo multiplayer e não caio do servidor.
    Alguém sabe de uma solução para esse problema?
    Obrigado

8. Renato Simioni

Updated topic with a new item specific to brazilian users: if you have Banco Do Brasil internet banking plugin running, try disabling it while you run the game. It´s been known to cause the game to crash in some systems.

9. Marcelo Mandaji

Marcelo Mandaji Member

keeps closing after the latest update.

the only version working is 1.4.32 no g29

10. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Recent update is awesome but it also created some problems for me.
    Game often crashes while loading a track (error loading file). These are random files - you name it. Sky, grass, etc. Once this happens the file is corrupted and I need to run Steam Integrity Check which solves it. However it happens almost every time I load a new track, or if I exit a game and start a new one. Now I made it a habbit to run Integrity Check every time I exit AMS.
    This rarely happened with previous version.
    I have no mods, just a base game + season pass.

Also, it broke my championship season. I was about half way done and after the update to v1.4.9 I cannot resume it anymore. Game crashes every time I want to resume the season. Not a huge deal but if anyone cares to offer a solution I'd appreciate it.

11. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Attach the cch file for that championship from my docs/Automobilista/userdata/<username>/ and I'll take a look

12. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Thx Alex,
    which file would that be? I only see Reiza cch files.
    Please see the attached

Attached Files:

13. Alex Sawczuk

Just zip them all and tell me which series you were running

14. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

I was running one created with custom season tool, not the default ones. Should I maybe look in another folder?
    I found one in CustomSeason folder but it's aos file
    Attaching it just in case

Attached Files:

15. Alex Sawczuk

I need the cch files too.

16. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Ok, attached are all the cch files.
    It's for the boxer cup

Attached Files:

17. Alex Sawczuk

Ok, I'll take a look tomorrow morning

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Thx Alex, I appreciate it.

19. Alex Sawczuk

Hi, your cch file has a strange value in it, we are not sure why, but the opponent count became incorrect. To temp fix this you can open REIZA17.cch, go to line 634 and
    edit

GAMEOPT_opponents=9

to be

GAMEOPT_opponents=20

Your championship should now load.

We will look into adding some protection to when this value is incorrect in the code for a future update.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Thank you, it worked!
    It absoulutely blows my mind that you guys spent time on this and located the culprit :hurrayreiza: