1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why take forever to lauch the game and the when leave track again loads of time!!????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pedro Ramada, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Pedro Ramada

Pedro Ramada New Member AMS2 Club Member

Any one have this issue!??

When i launch the game it takes like almost 4 minutes to load the game and then when i decide to leave some track ( and i tried a few, it's always the same ) the same thing... takes forever until i can select for example another series or menu!!

Help please... anyone!??

2. Ken Rodriguez

Ken Rodriguez I don't drive fast. I fly low. AMS2 Club Member

I've noticed a small increase in load and terminating times as well. Not 4 minutes, but longer than previous builds.

3. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Generally loading time will be longer if the last series you used was All Cars & Tracks as it has to parse every single car. Time returning to the menu after leaving the game is usually replay saving too.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pedro Ramada

I know that Alex... but is way more then that... it's not that believe... it is strange this is happen now!

5. Pedro Ramada

Hopefuly in a new update that could be sorted out!

6. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same problem, however found a workaround. The issue is my USB DAC soundcard, if that is the primary device, there is the giant pause you mention.
    My workaround is a tiny application that I run in background and allows me to switch between active soundcard via joystick button (spare gamepad). So at launch or when going back to menu I switch to onboard card, for racing the better USB one.
    The issue was reported to reiza long time ago, but they couldn't reproduce.
    I will attach the program here at a later time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream New Member AMS2 Club Member

attached is the simple tool I wrote, it's very barebone, requires to edit the top section of the "joystick-audio-switch.lua" file, use at your own risk,
    it uses some third party exe to toggle between sound devices via cmdline NirCmd - Windows command line tool

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  8. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

As Alex said, if your last series was a heavy one (like, for main example, All Cars & Tracks) the game will take a while to load the next time.
    I play in Racedepartment servers and, although we run a single series, they configure it as All Cars & Tracks (not sure why), so the majority of the times I load the game it takes a while.

If you disable the replays, when you exit a track next time you will see an improvement.