g29 build loses FFB if game loses focus

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Paul Spencer, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Paul Spencer

Paul Spencer New Member AMS2 Club Member

Have a problem with the latest build of the game.
    I'm running the "logitechg29" build of the game (which is awesome), but if I change or lose focus from the game at any time, then i lose FFB.
    This never used to be an issue until the latest build, but is very frustrating. the only way to get the FFB back is to exit the game completely and re-load.
    This happens if game is in either windowed or full screen. If you stay in game all the time without switching screens it’s fine.
    Is there any plan to fix this please before the 1.5 release.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

Yes, i have the same FFB issue with the G29 after last update!

i know there are so many racers with this wheel that cant race this sim (ams) without this problem but in other sims works right!. It is a shame cuz this is my favourite sim!!

Please, Could any reiza staff help with this issue or give us some information? or any other user help would be wellcome!.

Thanks in advance!, have a nice day!

3. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

I have the same problem.
    It's not a big deal for me, I rarely alt-tab so I've never mentioned it but if someone has better workaround than exiting the game and reloading please post it.

Also, do the shift leds work for you guys? Mine don't normally, but when I loose the FFB then they suddenly start working :D. I just assumed they weren't supported (never even bothered to install fanaleds as it's not something I really need) but why would they work when I loose the FFB then?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a difference in when you alt tab? If you alt tab in game does it still work, in the menus no? For example.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Spencer

Hey Alex, thanks for the reply. Yeah, the game works fine and menus work, just no FFB when driving once you’ve initially changed focus.
    The ffb won’t come back at all until you reboot the sim.
    So, for example, I record my gameplay in obs. If I switch across to start or stop the recording, I’ve then lost ffb.
    Hope that makes sense.

6. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but if you alt tab in the menus after racing or before racing does the FFB still work?

7. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

In my case it's anytime I alt-tab (menus, pits, in cockpit while pausing) I loose FFB

8. Paul Spencer

As above ANYTIME I alt-tab in the game it will kill the FFB - even before I choose a car / track it'll kill it and I'll get no FFB in game.
    It's got to a a stage whereby once I've launched from steam, I won't click anything else until I'm fully in game.

9. Paul Spencer

Can confirm, same issue in current beta also.

10. Gelani

Gelani New Member

Had this issue before the last beta, still have it. I even thought that was normal.

11. Pert Boioioing

Pert Boioioing New Member

G29 user here too, same FFB issue but I've been having it for the last couple of major patches, since whatever the patch-level was when I bought the game in late August. I've always been using the specific G29 branch in Steam Beta, haven't tried alt-tabbing out and back into the game with the main branch so I don't know if the issue is present there as well.

Everything besides FFB seems to work when alt-tabbing back into the game though I haven't given it a very rigorous test.

12. Paul Spencer

Just wanted to confirm that has now been resolved in the latest build 1.492 hotfix.
    Thankyou so much to Reiza staff for making and applying the fix and listening to the users! Makes a great sim greater! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Yes, fixed for me too. Thanks Reiza! :)

• Like Like x 1