Unable to bind steering (left/right) inputs to SIMCUBE OSW

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Conrad Miller, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Conrad Miller

Conrad Miller New Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone got OSW working on Automobilista? It doesn't recognize my wheel. (Simucube large mige). I have no problem with iRacing or Asetto Corsa, but I cannot get my wheel detected in AMS.(cannot bind steering left and right). What am I doing wrong?
    I uploaded a screenshot of AMS Controls page, where I can see at the bottom left corner that AMS found SimuCUBE as a control device (JOY2). Yet it doesn't allow me to bind left or right steering inputs.

Could anyone help me to make this work?
    Is it possible to create a preset for SimuCUBE as a controller.ini file? Using the SimuCUBE hardware lds # from device manager?
    Could anyone help me to make this work? Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  2. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate I had the same problem. The problem I suspect is that your Wheel software is set to maybe 360 degItneeds to be at least 540 deg so that you can rotate the wheel far enough to to trigger the game to pick it up left or right! Seems if set to 360 then the wheel stops just short of game piucking up the rotation!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Supa

Hope that makes sense! Basically you are not turning the wheel far enough to the left or Right!

4. Conrad Miller

I'll try to play around with the rotation , see what happens.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  5. Conrad Miller

You are the MAN! My wheel is set to 900 degrees rotation and I had to turn the wheel like 870 degrees to the right to actually start recognizing the input, and same to the left. I feel embarrassed and extremely happy at the same time. Thank you Supa, for helping me out!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Supa

Glad to have helped out Conrad! :)