Time Trial of the Week

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Alex Sawczuk, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's good to know but I'm pretty sure it cant be the case here, it's late now but I can check it tomorrow as it was my last session so I should have the session and the time trial in my replays.

The main places I've been invalidating laps at Velo Citta (first time driving here yesterday, I'm not including major off track adventures whilst learning or big mistakes) are at pit exit trying to get far right for T1 but just clipping the thick white line and once or twice at T9 when I went a bit too far over the curbing. I'm starting to wonder now though, maybe I dipped onto the grass on the outside of T11 or something, I'll check tomorrow and might post the lap if I cant find anything.

2. Andy-R

I went off track at T9 on the previous lap so I can forgive this, I understand why going off track near the end of the previous lap should invalidate the next one. T9 seems a little far back though, I guess it is based on distance to the S/F line rather than a preset spot on each track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DerLucky

DerLucky Member

You cannot do a whole lot setupwise on this car, so I expect everyone to drive pretty much the same settings. Unfortunately, AMS went a little funny and didn't record the replay of my actual fastest lap, so this is an alternative lap, roughly 0.2secs slower. Loving that combination, though :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andy-R

Im still not sure if wing 2 or wing 3 is faster, I set similar times with both.

As for the timing issue I sent a video to one of the devs, hopefully they will sort out the problem if there is one. I went off track possibly in T9 and definitely on the little straight prior to that section on the previous lap to the one which didnt record, this seems a little far back to invalidate the subsequent lap.

5. DerLucky

DerLucky Member

So, apparently, not everyone runs the same settings then :D I had the Wing on 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DerLucky

DerLucky Member

I'm back again, so here's my data for last weeks timetrial.

Attached Files:

7. Augusto

Augusto Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No ttow for Xmas season? :D

8. Andy-R

What's going on with VX :p it looked like the Copa Classic incorrect vehicle times were removed (for most tracks) and now they are back and no TT, maybe they are having some issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm, I wonder why I have "UNAVAILABLE" where I should have TIME TRIAL in my main AMS? In Beta, it is there.

Also, why are the times so slow on the TTOW for 390 Race kart at the short Buskerud?

11. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

UNAVAILABLE is what is shown when you select a mod as the series. Maybe try an Integrity Check if you had vanilla content and got that.

And what do you mean by "so slow"? I just had a race there, and a good lap was around 40.2 s. Top times in TT at Buskerud 1 with GX390 Race are a bit faster than that. Are you saying that because of the loading screen showing lower times? If so, that time is for the whole Karts series, meaning it must be from a Shifter.

12. Marc Collins

Now it is working!?!?! I will go try to set a time. I did a 40.something when I just when in on Beta to tool around.

What I meant by "slow" was what I see on the Virtual Xperience Portal site. I went to this week's time trial and thought I was seeing the times--because it says GX390 RACE. Your time is there ;)

But are these last week's times in the Vintage with a wrong label? I have no idea, I only know that everyone is not that slow in the kart at Buskerud!!

2018-01-06 20_45_01-Virtual Xperience Portal.png

13. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Oh, you got confused with both layouts. This week's TT is at Buskerud 2, which is the long one.

Did I get it right?

14. Marc Collins

OK, why does the track map show the short one?

My mind saw that and I ignored the number. I'm a visual/map person more than numbers :)

Anyway, you are beating me by almost a second on the short variant. I need to learn how to do the hairpin much better!! I'm sure you are smooth as silk through there.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  15. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Good questions. I think we'll have an answer tomorrow.

16. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Both have the same track map at VX. So Buskerud 2 has the wrong one.

Also, none of those layouts are showing for the Ranking. Can't see it on my profile or any other player's with a time set at that track.

17. Marc Collins

Does Reiza have to add each new track to the Rankings before it shows up/gets included?

How the *&^$ did you beat a 1:08 on the long Buskerud layout?!?!?

18. DerLucky

DerLucky Member

Magic is probably the answer :D I struggled getting my mid 1:09....

19. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

It wasn't easy. It's tricky to make the kart rotate enough on slow corners, but not too much because it spins. Abuse track limits to the... well... limits. And keep an eye on the speed on every corner. The more speed you carry, the better.

My setup is there to be fetched. And here's the replay:

Attached Files:

20. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

I don't understand why my setups are not registered in TT in the last ones I made.