1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has the game engine been decided for the next game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GodzillaGTR, Sep 2, 2017.

1. bmanic

bmanic New Member

AMS is indeed ridiculously good. My next computer upgrade will allow me to run VR so I think whatever engine is chosen should be future proof and allow all the VR systems in the world (and awesome weather too).

Physics at this moment are already top notch but could of course be even better I'm sure. Anyhow, whatever the next iteration it is Reiza will have my money for sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

@SaxOhare Of course we agree with you!, PC is a great game , BUT Automobilista is a GREAT SIM :D. Happy christmas gentlemen!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

Yep but with ams we have dx9, and nice graphics , for me sometimes better than rf2 ones. And someones as me think that they evolve dx so soon before the sims using all its potential (business inside). Only my, and some others (minority) , opinion. :p Happy christmas racers!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, AMS 1.5 is almost there!! the bigbrand will arrive early of 2018 and Reiza climbed some steps with your own engine.

Sure I am not the only one who is anxious to know more about AMS2, Reiza2017(8) or ReizaSoon. I bet that new modern graphics engine would be the most expected for everybody, included me :)

But there are others features also important for AMS2 be born at same level of AC, Iracing, rf2 and Pcars2.

My list of basic features are:
    - 64bits
    - Ease way to reconnect at server, benchmark is iracing. Endurance lovers will love it.
    - Ease way to use personal skin in any server, public or not. Again Iracing is the benchmark.
    - Unique Driver Rating system getting results of ALL online races.
    - Real live track
    - Rain - even with rudimentary graphics but nice physics
    - Simulate Transmission model.
    - Tire Flexbility

This would be my list of priority for ams2.

• Like Like x 1
  5. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I could bet they're gonna use rf2 graphics engine. That's why they keep developing ams. They're waiting till it's ready :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

64bits is a must!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Spin

Spin Active Member

I just hope Reiza are not putting all/most of their efforts into graphics when it comes to their next game.

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

There, I fixed it for you. :p ;)

That should insure that it's a well-rounded and polished title, one much like AMS is but, with graphic enhancement's and VR-support. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Spin

Spin Active Member

Still needs to advance, not just graphics.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Sure, along with every other title out there but, there are always limitations for various reasons and I feel Reiza has done very well with what they've had to work with, so I suspect they will continue to do so with their next title.

Of course, it's only natural that the community will nudge them in various ways in the process. :)

11. Spin

Spin Active Member

Agreed that there are always limitations but those limitations can be greatly expanded now that Reiza has the rights to fully edit ISI's physics engine (pMotor). There are still pMotor limitations which have existed since the 1990s that have still not, or hardly, been rectified.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

VR !

Not sure if the same engine that is used in Wolfenstein 2 is suitable for Sim racing but that engine is so well optimized . I can Max that game out at 4k with max AA and still get well over 60 fps so just imagine how well it would run VR even with the next gen HMD's coming i think it would be a great place to start .

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

@FeltHat, what don't you agree with? Just interested, as I said, I don't know, just spitballing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really hope they aren't waiting on the rf2 engine. I'm pretty disappointed in how that looks at the moment. Yes it has VR and yes it is DX11 but the graphics have been very underwhelming so far. I would honestly prefer AMS's current engine over what I see from rf2 right now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

If they move to rF2 expect to see it shine like rF one on Reiza hands...but I think they will move for something different...
    We have different ISI based SIM out there which use cryengine or unreal engine so I would expect more something like that...
    To be honest I would like to see Reiza and Studio 397 work togheter but I can't see how so...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy New Member

S397 needs to hammer out a LOT of optimization before I'd be comfy with that engine again. Since the transition to DX11 it's a serious CPU hog and has relegated rF2 to solo lapping duty only. It's crazy...ill be running 60-80FPS but I'll be lagging like crazy due to CPU not being able to crunch the numbers fast enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In 4K with graphic maxed out and updated content to DX11, rF2 can look spectacular. But yes it is rather CPU/GPU intensive.

18. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

I have one wish only: 64 bit...

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. Antti Hyytiainen

Antti Hyytiainen New Member

Just wanted to come here and give you Reiza guys my vote of confidence.

You've had quite the build up the last few years, and I'm eagerly waiting to see what this kind of attention to detail can do when combined with a modern graphics engine. Likely something awesome, maybe even the sim since.. well.. GPL or something?

So, good luck and all the best. Whatever comes out, I'll be instabuying it on the day it does.

20. Marcos

Marcos Member

when some information reiza?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1