Stuttering issues - discussion & suggestions

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Spin, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would expect it to need new drivers from Nvidia tbh

2. Richard963

Richard963 Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  3. Richard963

Richard963 Member AMS2 Club Member

4. Novotny

Novotny New Member

AMS v1.4.9r & Nvidia 388.31, clean install. I am no longer having any issues with stuttering whatsoever, running beautifully.

5. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

I experienced stuttering briefly after changing the video card. Strangely I've had no problems with old Radeon 7950 and then after changing to Geforce 1060 stuttering was horrible on some tracks (Imola especially).
    This was only with DynHUD enabled. Once I turned the DynHUD off (could do it within the game with F key) stuttering was gone. Someone suggested capping the game to 107fps after which I no longer had the problem even with the DynHUD. Shadows set to max, time progression on.
    I wonder if people still experience it with the new native HUD?

6. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have both stutter (fps limit at 60) or low or inconsistent fps image (any other fps limit or off), even though fps is 100+.
    Smooth only with vysnc on, but then I get the very obvious input lag. Alex suggested I was low on cpu power - using 5 year old sandy pentium.
    Will try to update as soon as I can and see then if it makes any difference.

7. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

I run the game with vsync off. I wonder what would happen if I removed the fps cap. I am at steady 107, it never fluctuates. However since everything works great now I'm scared to touch it. I'll be upgrading to 144Hz monitors next year so eventually I will need to remove/up the fps cap

8. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Vsync off here too.

9. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried what you did. Cleaned my gpu driver with DDU then went back to Nvidia 388.31, capped fps to 107(tried 97), dips down to 71 once in a while but my stuttering on every corners are gone. Much better with Vsync off. Wow:D!!! I don't know how many times I freshly cleaned my gpu drivers nothing worked after that FCU. But this time it did. Just very happy.:):):)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Novotny

Novotny New Member

Excellent, it's so frustrating when things won't work as you know they can. :)

11. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Oddly I got stuttering after switching from a 2GB GTX 750 ti to a 6GB GTX 1060. Using normal hud instead of dynhud solved the problem. Game looks beautiful with shadows on high and everything else on max.

12. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

I really like the new hud they rolled out a while back. I think its the normal hud.

As for me, I may have stated it before, but my issue was specific to using Carbonite's automatic backup service. I changed one setting and it was cured.

13. Spin

Spin Active Member

The stutter I discovered here (refer to OP) still occurs. It has nothing to do with Nvidia drivers, graphics cards, etc. It is directly tied to the game and can only be fixed by 2 different methods: disable shadows (not "low" but completely disabled) or fully disable time-scale (so it's always the same time of day). The stutters are always in perfect timing with the new lighting positions update as the sun moves across the sky and the shadows get updated. If you go to the PLR file and change the value for "Sky Update Frames" then the timing interval of the stutter changes and matches exactly the new value. The stutter occurs on certain parts of track and/or certain camera angles regardless of framerate (60 fps, 300 fps, etc.). This, to me, is strong evidence that the issue is directly game related and has nothing to do with PC hardware.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, if that was the case 100% of the people would get those stuttering... Several people in the above posts are giving solutions that work for them, did you try them all?

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The issue is real and Reiza has identified it but fixing it takes a lot of work and was not worth doing for AMS since they found I think in the end of development. It's a known issue in the isimotor shadows, rF2 is also set to have a rewrite of this part of the code.
    This is very random, affects a few users. Back in EEC leagues we had to race with time progress off to avoid having these problems, only 2 or 4 guys would have issues, all had decent PCs.

• Like Like x 2
  16. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Will. I didn't follow enough (I'm luckily unaffected), I didn't know it was identify but too work to fix. Shame... but here AMS 2 will help too! :)

17. Spin

Spin Active Member

Those are not solutions. I don't believe there are people who are unaffected because look at all the hardware I've had over the years (I have a habit of buying and selling PC components often) and the issue has never, ever, ever went away.

Motherboards
    Asus Sabertooth X79
    Asus Rampage IV Gene
    ASRock X99X Killer Fatality
    MSI X99S XPower
    *MSI Z370-A Pro*

Graphics Cards
    5x GTX 780 Ti
    3x GTX 970
    5x GTX 980 Ti
    *2x 1080 Ti* (1x in current system)

CPUs
    1x i7-3820
    3x i7-4930K
    1x i7-5930K
    *1x i7-8700K*

Operating Systems
    *Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit*

RAM
    1866 MHz 8GB (2x4GB) Dual-Ch DDR3 @ 8-9-9-24-2T
    1866 MHz 16GB (4x4GB) Quad-Ch DDR3 @ 8-9-9-24-2T
    2133 MHz 16GB (4x4GB) Quad Ch DDR3 @ 9-11-10-28-2T
    2400 MHz 16GB (4x4GB) Quad-Ch DDR4 @ 11-11-11-27-1T
    2666 or 2800 (can't remember) MHz 16GB (2x8GB) Dual-Ch DDR4 @ 16-18-18-36-2T
    3200 MHz 16GB (2x8GB) Dual-Ch DDR4 @ 16-18-18-38-2T
    *3600 MHz 16GB (2x8GB) Dual-Ch DDR4 @ 16-16-16-36-1T*

Stared components are current system

What solutions above are you referring to? Changing Nvidia drivers? Frame rate limiters? I've done that stuff millions of times. Also, I've already discovered and basically proved that the issue is tied to the update sky setting.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  18. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Hi friends, since a few days ago I'm having problems with low FPS in Automobilista using the Accuforce V2 Pro, at first I thought it was something of the video configuration, but then I realized that when you start moving the wheel in the game begin to lower the FPS , below 50, when the normal for my pc (until last week) is over 100 FPS at all times, with graphics to the maximum, and I never had a problem.

After realizing that the steering wheel was the cause of the problem of the FPS, I tried the configuration of the FFB in 180hz and effectively raise the FPS, I also tried other games and they work normally.

So I wanted to ask you what may have happened these days, since Automobilista was working perfectly for me in 360hz and from one day to the next it started to malfunction, so it is almost unplayable.

Cheers

19. Juan Reinoso

For a moment it was working fine, but now the problem is back, even with 180hz I am having problems with the FPS

I'm writing this here because Automobilista is the only game that I am having problem with the FPS, not in Dirt Rally 2.0, not in Assetto Corsa, not in Project Cars 2

20. Juan Reinoso

I was doing some tests since I did not find an explanation for this problem

I tried changing the ram memories of the place, at the beginning I loaded the game, and during the first minute of the gameplay, it worked perfect (to the limit of 120 FPS without falls) suddenly fall to 50FPS or less, it's very strange, at some point I got it to work well, I don't know how, but for now it only works well for a minute and it gets worse again

It is quite annoying since it is not the game with the best graphics, and it is the worst performance I am having at the moment, not counting that it is my favorite game, which has me a little anxious to solve