1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a tool for career mode in AMS + other sims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thiago Marques, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Thiago Marques

Thiago Marques New Member AMS2 Club Member

Update: I am setting up the tool for beta access in my personal website, the server is not the best but with continued interest in the project I'll surely get proper hosting for it eventually. I invite everyone to sign up and have a look!

http://simcompanion.com

I just finished adding the season calendars for the Open Wheel branch, others should follow soon.

OP below:
    Hey guys, so I've been working on a little project inspired by other tools that exist in the flight sim community. It will be a big sim racing database where people will be able to register to race in different seasons and track their results. There will be a progression path provided by the tool, similar to the career modes of Grid or PCars, though these will not be limited to a single sim. I want to start with Automobilista because it is the most well-rounded sim.

I guess I wanted to know if there would be any interest on this by the community, I'm not done yet but could use the help of some beta testers and general feedback.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Sounds interesting. Some people miss career mode so maybe this could bring more players in to enjoy AMS. That's always a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Atsuki

Atsuki Member AMS2 Club Member

Its a great idea, I was thinking about something like that some days ago, will be a pleasure to help like a tester.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

Wow, incredible idea @
    [​IMG]
    Thiago Marques. ! Automobilista needs more iniciatives like yours!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Brilliant idea. Looking great at first glance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Guilherme Borghezani

Guilherme Borghezani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

7. Sam Smith

Sam Smith Member AMS2 Club Member

Great idea Bernie Rubber :D

8. Thiago Marques

Hi everyone, thanks a lot for the replies!

I am setting up the tool for beta access in my personal website, the server is not the best but with continued interest in the project I'll surely get proper hosting for it eventually. I invite everyone to sign up and have a look!

http://simcompanion.com

I just finished adding the season calendars for the Open Wheel branch, others should follow soon.

9. Gleidson Silva Pereira

Gleidson Silva Pereira New Member AMS2 Club Member

Excellent project. Will you increase the championships in each line of the race? From 6 to 8 categories is ideal.

10. Thiago Marques

Yes @Gleidson Silva Pereira it's just a matter of getting them into the database, I hope to add some events for mod content soon (like Patrick Giranthon's track pack) and I want to get started on Assetto Corsa in time for the free DLC. Right now I'm working on other features like virtual teams and time trials.

11. Gleidson Silva Pereira

Gleidson Silva Pereira New Member AMS2 Club Member

Right. I even tried to test, I made my registration and started a career but I have seen that it is not ready yet. For Assetto it will be great too, because his career mode is ridiculous although the sim be very good, even more with this package of improvements that will leave tomorrow. Thanks for the work and congratulations.

12. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing, this looks like a brilliant tool. I will be looking at this when I get back from work!! :)

13. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Do I understand it correct, that there is a predefined career path for AMS and AC?
    Or do I have to create my own races and this just tracks the results?

14. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Ok, I created an account, signed in, managed my collection(AMS), selected a new series and then it sais to check below to start the new season. But there is nothing below to be checked.
    Am I doing something wrong or is starting a saison not available yet?

15. Thiago Marques

Hey everyone, thanks for the interest! as I mentioned previously, I only got around to building the career path for the Open Wheel branch, meaning if you try to register for a season in GTs or Stock Cars there won't be any defined races yet. The season should show up on your dashboard, but it will say "calendar not set". Also it might not show up if you haven't set your collection, then a red warning will show up instead saying something like "You need to own AMS base content to race this season". Is that what is happening to you guys? Otherwise might be a bug I'm not aware of yet.

I will let you guys know when the career mode is totally playable, I sort of put it on hold to work on some new functionality. If you check the website today you should see there is a new virtual teams directory and the car setup database. I am starting to incorporate features for online racing and leagues as well, we'll see how that turns out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Thanks for information.
    As european I am most interested in GT racing, so I tried this.
    Looking forward playing single player career with your tool. :)

17. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

I created a new saison with Formula Vee.
    But I cannot find it in game...?
    Is it because the tool is not finished yet also for formula class, or am I doing something wrong?

18. Thiago Marques

No XettMan, Vee should be fine! Did you go in "manage your collection" and tick all the Automobilista content?

[​IMG]

19. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Yes, I did.
    So where/how can I find the season in game?

20. Thiago Marques

In game you mean AMS? Yeah, you need to set it up on your own -- season tool, or the easiest way, just set up a single race for each one. You race it however you like then go back to the website to log your result. You get awarded F1-style points for the place you finished and your global rating will also be updated. The app will suggest tweaks to your AI level, that is what the target value is for: if you finish higher than your target, then AI should get a bit harder, otherwise it should get easier.

That's all there is to it right now, for the offline mode that is; I do plan on a "hardcore mode" of sorts where you can only progress when your results have been deemed satisfactory, but for now you can freely pick whatever seasons you want to race at any time.

BTW guys, I'm keeping a changelog of new features to the website, you can follow it at the bottom of the homepage: http://simcompanion.com/?p=home :)