Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Paul_73

Paul_73 Member AMS2 Club Member

I had this same problem this weekend and came here to report it. I was in Championship mode first, and tested it in other modes and the problem was still there (did not test Time Trial). I tested a different car (Marcas, specifically) and the timing did work as expected.

I'm not sure what other cars might not activate timing correctly, but for sure Superkarts at Caruaru do not activate timing correctly.

2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: -
    Car Used: F Extreme
    Applicable Settings: Single Race
    Report: Team Reiza skin bug (both cars)

Attached Files:

3. SHOTIME

SHOTIME Member AMS2 Club Member

Edit with fix, many months later...

I figured I'd edit this with a fix in case anyone found themselves with the same issue. The root cause is that the game stores the paths it expects for your various directories in the "My Documents\Automobilista\config.ini" file. If you open that with a text editor (Notepad, etc) and do a find and replace for the old/new document paths, then save the file, you'll be good to go.

Original Post:

Sorry, this is lengthy...

Track & Layout Used
    : ---
    Car Used: ---
    Applicable Settings: ---
    Report: In the event that your My Documents directory changes physical location, the game (and the dedicated server as well) won't pick up on the change and will ask you to create a new profile. When you do, the game will automatically recreate the "old" My Documents path and folder structure and save the new profile in there.

It's as if on first run, the game is finding the physical path of My Documents and initializing a setting that is referenced from then on to know where My Documents is, instead of querying Windows for the current value every time. Thus, if My Documents moves, the game is unaware of the change. And if the path it thinks should exist does not, it'll create it.

Interestingly, when I run the config utility, it is listing my config file as being in my proper My Documents location, so this seems to only effect the player profiles.

Example:

I recently changed the physical path to My Documents when I added a new HDD and did some cleanup/organization. My old path was:

"F:\Account Directories\My Documents\"

The new one is:

"F:\Documents\My Documents\"

When I run either AMS or the dedi, it will go through the new profile steps and create this:

"F:\ACCOUNT DIRECTORIES\MY DOCUMENTS\AUTOMOBILISTA BETA"

Steps to reproduce: Change your My Documents location (using the Properties window of your My Documents folder) after you've already run AMS or the dedi at least once.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  4. polo199

polo199 Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy new year @Alex Sawczuk, @Renato Simioni and all the Reiza team!

Don't know whether this is by-design or not so I post it in the bug thread :
    Still an issue with AJR PMotor 2nd car. Still has a Powertec V8 engine whereas car 1 is Honda Turbo. Sound and all is correct now though.

[​IMG] 20180102210659_1.jpg

Sorry if this is by-design content.

Best wishes for all your endeavours in 2018 (both job-related and personal).

5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: Single Player / Single Race with rolling start
    Report: On rolling starts, 2nd placed car accelerates too early (when player is in 1st)
    Steps to reproduce: Choose single race with rolling start. Qualify as first. Make full formation lap and when Saftey Car "is in" 2nd placed AI-car accelerates with full throttel and overtakes. If player does the same, there will be a warning and penalty because of too early accelerating.
    My generaly impression is that the AI is accelerating too early and does not await the green flag.

6. pennarguy

pennarguy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Still have double hands on steering wheel F3 301/309, ok in beta version but not in main release.

7. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bug 1 : mirror position
    Bug 2 : camera position
    Track & Layout Used
    : any tracks
    Car Used: MCR (bug 1 & 2) and Metalmoro AJR (bug 1)
    Applicable Settings:
    Steps to reproduce: just take the MCR / Metalmoro and play with TVcockpit cam

Hi guys, here is a little problem that needs to be fixed for the next version. It's always more comfortable to see what is behind you especially with this kind of cars (MCR / AJR). This is not a difficult fix to do i think ;)

Attached Files:

8. Wergilius

Wergilius Member AMS2 Club Member

Bug, previous graphics settings not loaded when open config tool

If I set the config like this:
    upload_2018-1-6_12-32-38.png

Config.ini
    upload_2018-1-6_12-35-14.png

In-game settings are correct, but if I open config tool again, it shows this:
    upload_2018-1-6_12-36-48.png

Resolution and Hz has wrong values and do not match VideoMode and VideoRefresh in ini file

9. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy New Year Reiza Team! This Formula V10 is very persistent:D. I reported the same before but with Formula Classics which is already fixed.
    FReiza03.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Found a simple bugs in talent files:

1 - On file GameData\Talents\SuperV8\GarthTandy.rcd

The driver name are mispelled, and due to that, his talent is not loaded.

Right now it's KGarth Tandy, should just remove the K before the name.

2 - On file GameData\Talents\SuperV8\BrendanYoung.rcd

The driver name is missing a space between words: BrendanYoung

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  11. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Another one in same category. Also, cannot adjust fuel in "Stop 1" and cannot add "Stop 2" option.(Sorry, don't know how to edit to just add this pic in upper post) fReiza06.jpg
    EDIT: "Bradley GP" and "Hitwin FR" teams are also coming out as Formula V10.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. gerbi

gerbi New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed. I had a 50 minutes race at Brasilia vs the AI with the Stock Car V8. Normal fuel consumption and tyre wear. The AI stopped near the end and their pit was much quicker than mine, it seems they have either just changed the tyres or had a splash refuel. Anyone else has encountered the same issue? Thank you.

13. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you request your pitstop? And early enough that you got a "crew is ready" message? If you dive directly in the pits, game is simulating that your crew is not ready and gives you a longer stop.

14. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

Track & Layout Used: -
    Car Used: Ultima Race
    Applicable Settings: cockpit camera
    Report: the temperature digits are cut off when they exceed 100ยบ Celsius on the display.
    Steps to reproduce: -
    20180112003254_1.jpg

15. Big_Mama

Big_Mama Ben Suttor AMS2 Club Member

There is a bug in the release version that once you shifted up, starting from N, you can't go back to N or reverse, and vice versa. This is happening in sequential mode.

The bug is however not present in the current beta.

Edit: Nevermind. I accidentally assigned a key to N, which apparently hinders sequential mode to function properly. But then again, could this not be a bug nevertheless? o_O

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Nope, same old don't assign a key or button to Neutral issue that is part of the sim engine (for 10+ years) ;)

17. Marc Collins

When I go into AMS via the Virtual Experience Portal, I do not get the proper AA settings.

Yes, I have defined a special profile identical to my regular AMS and Beta AMS profiles in Radeon Settings for the AutomobilistaWebLauncher, but it still doesn't work.

18. Marc Collins

Does 125cc shifter kart really have 90% of it's useful clutch bite in 10% of the clutch pedal travel? Extremely difficult to use, though not sure if it's realistic...have never driven one.

19. gerbi

gerbi New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi. No, gave plenty of time and receieved the message that the crew was ready. I've watched the race replay and all the AI pit stops were significantly faster than mine

20. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i had one, they dont have clutch, its a seq 6 gearbox, you only need a sort of clutch, its more a cable you pull and only to get into first gear. you do that when your pushing the kart so it stays in neutral.