Bluetooth buttonbox not recognized.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Don Fryman, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Don Fryman

Don Fryman New Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried that, unplugged everything except for the bluetooth button box and AMS still does not recognize it :(
    And I've never had 12 other device installed.
    Wheel, button box, and wireless keyboard is all that I have ever had.
    Dxdiag just sees it that way
    And my setup is recognized in every other racing title I use, even rF1 so it has to be a problem in AMS

2. Don Fryman

Being someone that does not give up easily I continued to research this and try different things. After reading the advice for a completely unrelated problem I thought I would try an earlier build version of AMS. I went with the oldest build version available in Steam (1.4.43 I think) and what do you know AMS now sees my bluetooth button box and everything works as it should. I continue this experiment installing each newer build version and learn that any build version newer than 1.4.76 will no longer see my bluetooth button box.

@Alex - so with the above information is there any way to correct this so that I can use the newer build versions?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Member

Couldn't delete...had wrong tag.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Member

@Alex Sawczuk - Is it possible that we could get some confirmation that you guys have seen this?
    Seems like Don's done the leg work and has come up with a possible reason for his issues...maybe a tinnie tiny patch to fix this? Shouldn't be hard to trace back to the builds working for him and see why newer builds won't. (Maybe I'm wrong, but would really like to hear that this has at least been seen by Reiza eyes)

TIA

6. Don Fryman

New year update:
    Was hoping that maybe the new build version would solve this issue, but no love from build version 1.50 here so back to 1.4.76 for me.
    Also someone else is having a problem very similar to mine, check out Mark's post

7. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sorry but there was large changes to the code base in 1.4.76 to add support for XInput, with out a device that isn't working to test with there isn't a huge amount we can do - and we can't just roll back either.

I've added a dedicated XInput option to the UI on the off chance that disabling the polling for xinput device makes things work ok for you guys with the issues. That'll be in the next update I guess.

8. Don Fryman

I have already disabled XInput polling in controller.ini which did not help.
    I will try the next updates to see if anything changes
    Otherwise I guess we are **** out of luck :(
    But thanks for trying and letting us know!

9. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a custom device right?

10. Don Fryman

Yes, a self built shifter/buttonbox using a BlueHID controller.
    I could go back to my wired controller but this one works in every other racing/trucking game I use, so that would defeat the purpose of building the wireless controller.