Logitech G29 autorotation problems, again

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Gelani, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Gelani

Gelani New Member

Logitech autorotation stopped working again even with v1.4.5_G29 branch. Even if I turn it off, it goes to the right rotation of the car (like 450 to the stock car) but resets back to 900 degrees. Am I doing something wrong or should I go to the old branch again?

2. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Strange thing. Have a G29 too and use the v1.4.5_G29 without problems.
    Just tried different cars and everything is fine. G29 and in game wheel going synchronous and the lock is at the right place. So the implementation should still work with 1.4.5.
    Don't know, whats wrong with your settings. Got the G29 only a few weeks ago, so i still don't know about the "secrets" of the wheel. ;-)

3. Gelani

Gelani New Member

I probably did something wrong, but I don't know what.

4. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Member

Just to add something here... The V1.4.5_G29 was working for me.. I had to format my system, now the auto-rotation ain't working anymore.
    Again, that is only with AMS and rFactor 2, all the other sims are working as intended.

5. Gelani

Gelani New Member

I came home today (after a whole week away). My idea was to format the system. Now I don't know anymore. Before the format were you using the last version of the LGS? I think it has something to do with it. It was released in July IIRC.

6. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Member

Yep, I was... I think I found the culprit... Let me test something here

7. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Member

Ok, here we go.. got it fixed...
    Again, the auto rotation was working with AC, RR, ETS2 and Project Cars.
    After formating my machine I had the Logitech software installed before pluging the wheel in. What I have done to solve it:
    1- Delete the controller profiles located /Documents/Automobilista
    2- Unplug the wheel
    3- Uninstall the Logitech software
    4- restart the machine
    5- after restart, plug the wheel back in
    6- install the logitech software
    7- Restart the machine once again (keep the wheel pluged in)
    9- After restart, go to the logitech software and create an AMS profile, pointing to AMS.exe (I had the Raceroom profile as base, there's an option there to use other profile), make sure to let it at 900 degrees
    10- open AMS, Map your keys and axis as you wish turn Auto Rotation ON
    11- Enjoy :D

Tested with, V8SC, Stock Car 2017, EEC GT3 Audi LMS 2015, EEC GT3 Mercedes AMG GT3, Copa Petrobras, URD Corvette C7R

8. Gelani

Gelani New Member

Wow. Well, let's try then haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gelani

Gelani New Member

Did exactly what you told. The mismatch is still there. I give up. Probably is something with my wheel, somehow. It works fine with Assetto, but I don't know what happens here. Gonna wait till the next update for the game. Anyway, thanks for helping, man.

10. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Member

Damn.. that sucks... Just for peace of mind I did the wrong wheel setup again and the auto rotation failed again. Took the steps listed above and rotations was back... Really strange that it didn't work for you.

11. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Member

Would you, by any chance have a one drive account active? Sometimes it replaces the documents folder and some of the steam game files end up in there. Happened to me once, may be the case in your machine.

12. Gelani

Gelani New Member

Unfortunately not. I deactivated it as soon as I installed Windows 10... I'll try all the steps you said again as soon as I have the time this week. It looks like there's some kind of miscommunication between the LGS and AMS... I wish I could tinker with the autorotation code, as I have nothing to lose. But I don't know much about these things. Once again, thanks man.

Cara, pelo menos essa história toda tá servindo pra eu treinar meu inglês hahaha. Enquanto isso, jogo Assetto Corsa... Aquele jogo é meio sem graça, sei lá pq.

13. Gelani

Gelani New Member

Tô de olho seriamente nesse novo DLC das latas-velhas, mas só vou comprar quando resolver esse problema (até convenci meu irmão - que nem curte simulador - a comprar, só pelos carros que ele curte).

14. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Member

O lance do Assetto é que tem muito carro e pouca pista.. Mas tem muito mod legal. Te mandei meu tel por MP,caso queira trocar uma idéia.

15. Gelani

Gelani New Member

Resolvido graças ao meu camarada Reaper. Segui os passos dele, apaguei os dados de aplicativo na pasta C:/Users/xxx/AppData/Local/Logitech. (Essa pasta estava oculta pra mim) como primeiro passo, e tá tudo certo. Boxer here I go.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Gaizka Aizpuru

Gaizka Aizpuru New Member

Hello,

I have the same problem with the latest version of automobilista and my G29, v1.5.01. I have done the steps Reaper writed before, but autorotation it's not working.

Any other thing I can do?

17. Gelani

Gelani New Member

Hey, man. I'm having the problem again, too. I talked with Reaper and he is not having our problem. I don't know what's different now. Are you using the last beta "logitechg29"? Did u try to delete the app data for the Logitech software as the first step, like I said (in portuguese) in the last post?

18. Gaizka Aizpuru

Yes, I'm using the "logitech29" beta. I had used it whithout problems before the last update. I deleted the app data for the Logitech software and also tried uninstaling and insatling it again, but nothing worked.

I'll keep trying and if I find the sollution I'll tell you

19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I believe there might have been a mix-up in exe version with the initial uploading of v1.5.01 to Steam which should have been sorted since - please check and let us know if you´re still having any issues.

20. Gaizka Aizpuru

I runed automobilista today an the autorotation worked well.

Thank you