Anyone got info on .rcd player files

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by FreakyFast86, Jan 11, 2018.

1. FreakyFast86

FreakyFast86 New Member

Hey guys :)
    I am making up some .rcd files for a mod that is only ment for online competition.
    Anyways what i am looking for is information on what values are permitted to be used in a .rcd file

I know you can use these values -

Aggression=
    Reputation=
    Courtesy=
    Composure=
    Speed=
    Crash=
    Recovery=
    TireManagement=
    StartSkill=
    CompletedLaps=
    MinRacingSkill=

But what other values are permitted to help ai ? if any.
    Also a little info on what each value accomplishes in game would also be a big help :)
    Thanx..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Sure! I did several packs, gonna tell you everything you need:

Aggression - tells how hard AI will try to pass you if they have a chance. You have AI aggression setting, and an aggression level to each AI car. Reiza talent files keep this value between 60 and 80. Never pass that limit.

Reputation - Not used. Reiza sticks it with value 99.

Courtesy - That's recently got an use in AMS. The higher the value, the quicker AI will respond to the blue flags in practice, qualifying and race sessions. Usually varies from 60-95. TIP: put higher values to the slow cars, so they can keep out of the leaders' way when they get lapped.

Composure - The lower the number, the higher the frequency of simulated driving mistakes from AI. It depends on 'AI Mistakes' parameter on your PLR file. Reiza uses 66-98 range. If in doubt, stick it with 90.

Speed - That's the big one. Speed will define the AI lap times. Suggested range: 65-99. Keep in mind that each level (from 98 to 99, for example) will give you a difference of 1 to 3 tenths of a second per lap. So, Speed 65 is really slow. Quick tip: seems that if you go to track and enabled computer-controlled car, your car becomes an AI car with speed=100 (it will be faster than any other AI in the suggested range).
    This parameter is what makes an AI driver to be a top one, a mid-pack one, or the last one.

Crash and Recovery - These two works together. The former is the probability of AI cars to crash, and the latter is the probability of avoidance in case of an iminent crash.
    Reiza generally uses Crash=1 and Recovery=5 to almost all cars, with some troublemakers getting Crash=10 and Recovery=15.

TireManagement and StartSkill. Those parameters are exclusive from AMS (they don't exist in GSC, or even rFactor 1 nor rFactor 2). For Tire Management, the lower the value, the more the AI will wear its tires. And, for StartSkill, the lower the value, the more chance AI driver will bog down at the start.

Suggested ranges:
    TireManagement : 40-95, being 80, 85 and 90 the most common ones.
    StartSkill: 20-90, being around 70 the most commom value. If you get this under 60, AI will problably bog down very often.

CompletedLaps: Only used in AI auto completing laps (skipping practice/qualifying). Reiza uses a fixed value of 95.

MinRacingSkill: Only used when 'AI Limiter' from the PLR.file value is > 0.0 (which is default). From time to time, AI cars will perform some bad laps, comparing to their expected time laps. The MinRacingSkill value tells how bad that can be. In this case, multiply the Speed parameter with the MinRacingSkill parameter, and you will get the new worse speed.
    Reiza uses 60-99 on this parameter.

All this parameters (except the ones I mentioned) keep their functions from rFactor 1 days. So, you can find several information about this for rFactor 1, rFactor 2, or even GTR2, and that should apply for AMS. For example, take a look at this: RCD (talent file)

Note: all values suggested here was taken from original SuperV8 talent files. I could recommend you to study Reiza values on other series as well, (Boxer Cup, Marcas, Stock Car Brasil), put them on a table (I use MS Excel for it), and see for yourself the possible value ranges).

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. McKiernan

McKiernan New Member

Thank you. Very useful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FreakyFast86

FreakyFast86 New Member

Sorry for the late reply i been fairly busy :)
    Thank you for all your help...

5. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi Lorencini

First of all thank you for the great explanation. I would like to ask a question regarding that.

So if AI lmiter is 0 that is mean that there is no variance regarding lap times?

In this way won't better a low value in the limiter(so it can be some positive and negatve surprise just like IRL?)

Thanks in advance,

Philip

6. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Yes, if you set in your PLR file AI Limiter = 0, lap times will be affected only by physics (car weight variation basead on the amount of fuel left, tire grip due to tire wear, track ruberring, differences in track temperature based on day/night transitions, and so on). So, in theory, if you turn off all physycs stuff, and set AI Limiter = 0, you should get very consistent lap times.

Remember, AI Limiter is set on your Profile file (.PLR), and overrides every car in the game.

• Like Like x 1