Official Servers Participation

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Nackersum, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Nackersum

Nackersum New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi there guys! I've been racing in AMS for quiet long time now, and I felt very excited about the new features specifically the multiplayer ones. The thing is that I tried to race on official servers for around 3 weeks and I haven't found yet any race with more than 2 participants... :(
    The question is there any schedule of the official servers where we could see the participants by ranges of hours during a day? I am from Europe and during the day I barely see anyone and I'd like to try to score some points for the ranking.

Thanks!

2. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza official servers have failed to attract players for years unfortunately...

Check AUTOMOBILISTA UNOFFICIAL servers. It's quickly gaining popularity as the go to place for daily pick up club racing outside Racedepartment. Currently there are races/sessions taking place daily at 20 and 22GMT respectively. Races are currently set to 20min and the setup is fixed for all players. Check discord channel for more info.

p.s.: Oh, sorry didn't see the ranking request. Not sure if AMS Unofficial servers are ranked atm...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Nackersum

Nackersum New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Jan. For casual racing I mostly race at RaceDepartment or at RacingClub, for unofficial servers I know they are not able to run ranking system yet, but sure they will, that's why my question was focused on official servers and ranking system.

Anyway, thanks a lot for you reply.

P.S: I do remember a great FTruck race at Montreal with you at RacingClub, some times ago

4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

We at AMS Unofficial try to populate official servers too (we have a day for this, the so called "Reiza server day" we race on their server to populate them and perform some bug hunting all togheter in order to help devs) so if you are interested on racing with us in official ranked servers you are welcome!

5. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Right when Reiza announced the ranking system, there was a lot of participation on the official servers, but due to bugs, people being kicked, and steam verification failing, it lost all momentum.

Generally, when I join a server, one or two players quickly follow up. But then qualify is almost over, the race starts with few untrained people, and the frustrating result makes the server empty again.

I would like if practice sessions were used, and long, like 1 hour at least. This way the interest would build up, and players with busy schedule could program themselves to come back when the qualify is starting.

I'm also not a fan of 6 different servers. At least not for now. Only 2 with popular, easy series would be great.

The success of the unofficial server requires active effort (great job, guys!), and Reiza doesn't seem to have resources for that. So those are my suggestions to improve the numbers without constant publicity from their part.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1