Soooo.... what did you drive today?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Professionalsimracing.com, Mar 13, 2016.

1. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

About 3 straight hours of DD Karts on a pubby server with some very fast and respectful people.

2. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  3. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Formula Retro at Floripa. Great fit for that car. Great track in general that you rarely see on the servers.

4. W Calabresi

W Calabresi New Member

Old newer Opalas, again, @Interlagos Historic, again, endurance 4 hours... again.

5. AMS_SR

AMS_SR Active Member AMS2 Club Member

F_Classic @ Buenos Aires 1, nice high speed track for this car, 4:30pm, sunset race
    F_Retro @ Santa Cruz do Sul, like the chicane after turn 1, biiiiiig curbs

6. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@AMS-SR, raced F-Retro at Santa Cruz do Sul today. Incredible combo. The flow and cambers with the Retro are pure magic. Wow :eek:

I'm also going to be able to use footage from this race in an instructional video I'm working on so that is a nice bonus as well. Not sure when I would have gotten around to trying this if not for your post so I thank you for that :)

@P*Funk, Floripa's next ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Make sure we can find your vid when it finally drops. ;)

8. AMS_SR

@Prof.simracing.com
    With pleasure. :)

Last race:
    Marcas @ Buenos Aires No 6, the speed of the car matched really good with this track

I dont like the cockpits with these cross-pieces in front of my view area, but the cars are really good to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nanucq

Nanucq New Member

"I dont like the cockpits with these cross-pieces in front of my view area, but the cars are really good to drive."

Safety first ! :D
    I spent 2 hours this morning with Marcas @ Barcelona....what a blast !

10. AMS_SR

Marcas @ Interlagos 1976 :rolleyes: Wow... what a fast looooong track. Thank u reiza, cool addition.

I thought these cars are too slow for this track, but not really. Nice game with the limit in all these fast courves and cool wind shadow fights. Really cool old track, that is something different than always these modern stop and go mentality. :confused: ... :D

11. Professionalsimracing.com

Will do :) Will be a few weeks yet because the scope of the project I'm using it for has increased dramatically and it's, let say, somewhere in the middle ;) but should be interesting :cool:

That said, I'll be using a short clip from it for a blog entry today :eek::p

12. gongo

-

• Like Like x 3
  13. Professionalsimracing.com

Experiencing technical issues with very low replay FPS but found a post about it so hopefully has a resolution so I will post highlight video once sorted. For now, here is write-up...

Formula Retro @ Caruaru
    20 minute race
    Start Position = 24/24
    AI = 105%
    Race Report - Lap 3 - Both pass attempts failed with second attempt involving multi-turn, very close side by side battle with absolutely brilliant AI. Lap 4 - Successful pass #1 for position 23/24. Lap 5 - Pass #2 for 22nd position after another impressive side by side battle. Lap 6 - Near incident after slipping on curb followed by third and fourth pass for 20th position. Lap ? - Failed attempt after another side by side battle. Lap 9 - Overtook 2 more cars for 18th position. Lap 11 - Amazing move by AI for an inside pass at T1 but able to pass him back on same lap to maintain 18th position but AI kept major pressure on ; staying right on my gearbox and I made a failed attempt on p17. Lap 12 - Passed two cars for p16 before getting tapped from behind but managed to maintain position...barely. Lap 14 - Failed attempt at p15. (Final) Lap 15 - Two failed attempts at p14. Went off track after 2nd attempt and fell back to 16th (almost to 17th) where I finished.

Edit - Sorry forgot stats...

My fastest lap = 1:23.696 (5th) ; Possible = 1:23.175
    Race fastest lap = 1:23.568
    I had fastest time for first and second sectors but only 20/24 for sector 3.
    Clean race / few incidents

• Like Like x 1
  14. Professionalsimracing.com

Sorry forgot setup in above post and there is a 5 minute edit limit ==> formulaRetro.svm

Pretty soft and loose plus I am forcing 650 degrees rotation.

15. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

Did 2 Races of the F-3 championship today... Santa Cruz do Sul and Curitiba. The first was a surprisingly fun track I had never driven before, the second was kind of annoying because I kept crashing a few laps before finish xD

• Like Like x 1
  16. gongo

-

• Like Like x 1
  17. AMS_SR

Today i have tested an older Mid Ohio version (more cloudy sky) with the workhorse of the game, the StockcarV8. Very good and perfect performance.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Booger Mac

Booger Mac New Member AMS2 Club Member

I decided to give the Formula Vee a go today. The game quickly reminded me I'm a sim racing newb as I continually had the back-end of the car come around on me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Professionalsimracing.com

Not so much because noob it's just that Vee's require loading of the rear suspension so keep the power on. Sorta opposite of what is intuitive. Try it!

• Like Like x 1
  20. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I used to hate the Vee, but this car is enormous fun to drive once you tame its tendency to swap ends! Basically it has serious lift off oversteer (see above post), so you need to be giving it a bit of throttle at all times during turns. Do your braking only in a straight line, and blip the throttle on downshifts. Once you feel more comfortable you'll find you can actually control it through turns by judiciously adding or removing throttle. To me the Vee is the highlight of AMS, just about the most fun you can have with your pants on.

• Like Like x 2