How many mods is too many?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Zuffenhausen Weiss, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss New Member AMS2 Club Member

When I bought this, I stuffed it with so many mods then I received the "Automobilista has stopped working". I tried to reinstall both the sim and the mods bit by bit but when I was confident to install both heavyweight mods, the EEC GT3 and HistoriX mods, I only resolved it by removing them again which was disappointing as I intended to migrate as many mods out of rF1 to save on HD space. I also noticed that it doesn't mind the "lightweights" (mods that was dedicated to a single series with around 30 cars)

So what have I done to cause it to auto-quit or is it that the lack of hard drive space (I had 70-90gb remaining) that caused it?

2. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

Some error of course. Not a problem with HDD space

I fully recomend you using JSGME to install mods, so in case u get errors u dont have to uninstall them only to deactivate that mod.
    Generic Mod Enabler (jsgme) Download
    softpedia
    Generic Mod Enabler (jsgme) Download
    Free Download Generic Mod Enabler (jsgme) 2.6.0.157 - Install and uninstall various mods from your games in a simple and fast manner using this comprehensive and powerful modding tool
    [​IMG]
    Jsgme (Mod enabler)
    RaceDepartment
    Jsgme (Mod enabler)

For more info join our Global AMS Unofficial communnity and we will be happy to help you.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  3. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

I don't think it's the ammount of mods you have installed. I do have this HistoricX and EEC GT3 mods installed too without issues. Besides much more and a couple of track mods. On my Steam drive it's only 13GB left, so that isn't a problem too.
    Only downside is the time when changing seies or leaving a race to main menu (about 20sec).
    So probably one "bad mod" is causing the problem.
    As mentioned by Daniel, JSGME is a great tool for handling mods. I use it for several games to hold things clear. And by activating the mods one by one it should be easy to find out the "Killer MOD" ;-)
    GOOD LUCK! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daniel Escudero

Yep Spintirus is right! and it advices u when u are installing a mod that replaces files etc etc...and shows you which mods are not gonna work and which is the one that causes that previous mod not to work.

If you need more info and one tutorial that made DaVex in AMS Unofficial (not only racing also everything arround AMS) , just ask or join our discord and feel free to ask whatever, we are happy to help to grow the ams simracing experience.

5. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Here the little tutorial, nothing special really...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Possibly, not sure now as I checked my RD and it says "Unwatch this Resource" which means I may have downloaded and installed it

7. Zuffenhausen Weiss

As it turns out that I may have "updated" it with the patches since the files I moved my folders into are the same

8. Daniel Escudero

Try to install all the mods by that JSGME, and to not to duplicate the files, follow the pdf tutorial DaVex added, is so well explained there (he is so humble but he knows so much :D).

You have to follow the steps and not duplicate the files u have in gamedata/vehicles/locations etc...with the ones you will have in ur new "MOD" folder (that is created when u install JGSME in ur main ams folder.

To not have same files 2 times install any car-track mod, skins, pluggins etc USE JSGME and you will get less mismatches man.

Byeeee