The start lights didn't come up in an online race

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Jan Mikuž, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For the first time in my many years i was a victim of this odd bug (?).
    There was no red light and the green only came up after everybody had already started.
    The guy behind me obviously rammed into me and i got a drive through penalty. Race ruined.
    Man, i was mad for a while there. Or more like perplexed, i guess.
    Probably a result of many various factors, but one would expect to never have to deal with
    such bs in a serious sim racing product. Breathe....

Anyone had this bug before ?

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Which track were you running? Start lights are almost different for each track, and I think Reiza is trying to mimic what is used on the real track. Sometimes you have 5 red lights, sometimes only 3 or 2. Maybe none if the real track doesn't?… I don't remember but worth mentioning the track.

3. Jan Mikuž

Yeah, I know, I forgot to mention.
    It was two pairs of lights. FRetro@Johannesburg.
    The red ones didn't come up and the green ones(with spotter's call) only after everyone had started.

4. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

@Jan Mikuž first, sorry for late reply. Let me just go over it; did this happen multiple times or only then? And as far as i understood, you were the only one with it?

5. Jan Mikuž

I didn't inspect whether I was the only one. I reckon i was, since everyone around me seemed to get going normally. It was the first and only time so far this has happened to me, yes. I don't count my races, but I guess I must've done about 100 online starts by now (probably more). I've done a couple of starts since then without any issues. Looks like a one off hiccup of some sort. Smth failed to load properly for me, or smth... We were about 20 people.