Logitech G920 FFB pulls to the right. any fix coming

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Gazman, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Gazman

Gazman New Member

The Logitech G920 steering FFB pulls to the right . FFB set to - or + values makes no difference pulls to the right on either setting.
    The drivers are installed correctly and it works fine in AC, Pcars, Dirt.

Is there fix coming soon, maybe.

2. Gazman

Gazman New Member

Any one else running Logitech G920 or G29 wheels have the same problem or is it just me ?

The wheel does the above (pulls to the right) in older race sims like GTL, GTR2, rfactor . I'm not sure if it's Logitech or game related problem.

3. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There were people reporting this issue.
    It's seems to be resolved after Logitech released a new firmware for the G29.

Have you updated your wheel firmware and driver already?

4. alexandre fonseca

alexandre fonseca Member AMS2 Club Member

I bought a G920 six months ago and have been facing issues ever since. There are many users in the same situation at the Logitech support forum. The fact is that this wheel DOES NOT work well with the PC, only with the Xbox One. (To avoid legal problems, Logitech advertises the G920 and the G29 wheels as compatible with "selected PC games".) Apparently the reason for this is simply the lack of a proper driver. If you look at the wheel properties in Windows, you will see that, contrarily to the G27, it is recognized as a generic joystick, not as a wheel. This explains, for instance, why it has nothing similar to the Profiler and cannot be reset or adjusted.

5. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What Alexandre has said above is correct. The G920 aims to work specifically with Xbox One, while the G29 is aimed only to PC devices.

Anyway, we are already aware of this situation.

6. alexandre fonseca

alexandre fonseca Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish to make a small correction here. To my knowledge, and according to disgruntled users at the Logitech support forum, neither the G920 nor the G29 work well with the PC. They are quite similar, the difference being that the G920 is compatible with the Xbox One and the G29 with the PS4. The last Logitech wheel that worked well with the PC was the G27, which is cheaper, very reliable and also comes with an H-shifter. For people who only race in the PC, I would recommend that.

Both the G920 and the G29 lack a proper driver. For that reason, they cannot be reset or adjusted in any way in Windows. There is nothing like the G27's Profiler, which also means that you cannot join gas & brake pedals, as required by older racing games. Some users tried to trick Windows into recognizing the G920 as a G27, but so far it hasn't worked.

In my experience, the G920 does not work well with rFactor (1 or 2) nor with Automobilista. It works with PCars, but with really bad FFB. I am told it works with Assetto Corsa after some tweaking, but I cannot vouch for that because I shelved my G920 some time ago and went back to my old & trusty G27.

There is also a problem with the impossibly hard brake pedal. Some users have reprogrammed the wheel to use the clutch to brake, others are dismantling the pedals to fix the issue (although this voids the warranty). You will find videos in YouTube showing how to do that.

7. Gazman

Gazman New Member

I just downloaded and installed the new beta drivers LGS ver 96.3.49. all fixed now. The wheel working now even in the older games
    Thank you man.