1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New update blues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RicciardoF1, May 1, 2018.

1. RicciardoF1

RicciardoF1 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Ever since this new update, My plans for Automobilista have been shattered.

I run an offline series that I call the AIC, Which I edit, commentate and produce where AI race each other in an offline championship, something which used to be amazing due to this games amazing AI.

However, since this update, that has gone to ****. I've been experiencing stutters again, which last time I resolved by turning off the DynHUD, I did that once again but this time it isn't working, Only seems to be in the replay track cams however.

The "Revised AI Code" is just causing my AI to drive like maniacs and causing pileups at every opportunity (Medium aggression in Open Wheels) & When they don't crash, Safety cars get deployed for no reason? Every single race on lap 2 a safety car deploys, even if the AI didn't crash.

Now I admit this is on a GP2 mod I'm using, but before this update, the AI was very good in their racecraft and the safety car never came out on track once. - I changed the safety car road multi up to 5.00 but no change and then changed the Safety car threshes in the PLR to 5.0000 but still, without fail a safety car on lap 2. (Every track)

Can somebody please offer some advice? I've been working on this series all year making skins and getting real teams to participate and making graphics on scratch from Photoshop, I don't want 5 months of work to go down the drain, nor do I want to go bald from pulling my hair out

Many thanks in advance

2. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Steam game files integrity check. Move or remove your user files and create a new player. You can roll back to AMS v1.5.01 via the Steam game properties on the BETAS tab. As I know, some new AI parameters have been added to the HDV's. You can check the Camero for any changes as these files are unlocked for examples.

3. Jkerry

Jkerry New Member

Hi all,
    I have the same experience as RicciardoF1. I have been racing Copa Petrobas races at two differnt tracks and the AI is hitting me from all angles. They are not trying to overtake they are trying to drive straight through me. I put the aggression to low and the same thing.
    It is a shame because I was really looking forward to having the AI improved as you have advertised. I never expected it to get worse.

4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Do as Gringo said one post early and all will be fixed :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Which previous build are you guys referring to as being better in terms of AI?
    I say this because the current build is the only one in which the AI overtake flawlessly..
    Do you have access to all the beta builds?

You might want to edit the value of
    slowwhenpushed in the track .aiw file and make it=1 if it isn't already..

6. Jkerry

Jkerry New Member

Hi DaVeX,
    Thank you for your reply. I did make a new profile and it fixed the AI issue.

Thank you and Gringo very much.