Automobilista v1.5.1 & Drift Series Out Now (Updated to v1.5.11)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Was there another small update today? Everything was fine yesterday. First, I started with this(on triples)... ams01.JPG
    Don't know what was going on. I disabled/enabled surround display and it's still the same. I verified integrity and got surprised with 141 missing files, restarted pc a few times. The fix also was checking config tool from Steam and not from Automobilista folder. Second, screenshots were back to Automobilista folder as "GRAB_000" but somehow doing another integrity check with 5 missing files fixed it and put it back to its regular folder. Third, I thought I lost all my car settings. I checked my settings' folder in "C:my documents/userdata" and it's still there but would not appear in-game. So what I thought was to copy these settings to Automobilista folder with another "settings folder" in the Userdata and what do you know, it appeared in-game. Would be happier today if I didn't lose time fixing this but just to play the game. Just want to share.

Edit: I take it back. Settings still not appearing in-game even though both "settings" folder have copies of the .svm file. And oh, system just crash(restart) while playing.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy New Member

RE: The system crash. I had the same problem. Post over in the bugs thread and hopefully the issue will get identified.

3. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

AI seems to be doing practice now...no change by me. I had the problem earlier. Update fixed it?

4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

AI may sit out in practice if it reckons it needs to save tires for quali / race (this will depend on the tire set limit).

BTW folks we´re working on a hotfix to rectify a few issues, specially one which could be the cause of multiplayer server overload issues in bigger grid sizes since AMS v1.5.1 release. We hope to deploy this hotfix in the coming days.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed that with a tire set limit of 2 the ai doesn't leave pits during test day and practice (race weekend) but went out on track in quali and race. I raised the limit to 5 tires and there were no problem any more, for both test day and practice.

6. Holger Hega

Holger Hega New Member AMS2 Club Member

So why does the AI stay in the pits on "default" tire settings, which means 10 tire sets (lets say F3)? They leave the pits with no problems on manual 5 tire sets settings.

7. AlenC

AlenC Member AMS2 Club Member

I just found out something interesting. When tyre sets are set to: Default (10), AI won't participate in practice, but when I set it to: 10, they ran normally.

Should I report this in the bug thread?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Renato Simioni

Indeed well spotted :) we have a hotfix coming today to address the multiplayer issues, this won´t make it in time but will be sorted in another hotfix sometime next week.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Renato Simioni

AMS v1.5.11 is now up - this is a hotfix to address issues reported with the previous v1.5.1 release:
    • Fixed extra replay packaging data which could lead to servers overloading in multiplayer sessions
    • Increased default Multiplayer Max data setting (requires dedi servers generating a new multiplayer.ini file)
    • Hockenheim: Fixed wrong aero packages being loaded in 1977 version
    • TC Classics: Fixed error which caused Copa Classic B class cars not appearing
    • F-Ultimate: Fixed mirrors not showing in T-Cam
    Please note that the multiplayer issues require more testing with large player fields to be sure issues have been rectified - we´ll be monitoring servers over the next couple of days and welcome reports from league admins that run on this new version to address any remaining issues.

IMPORTANT: Dedi servers are required to generate a new multiplayer.ini file to include the updated max data setting (just deleting the old file will generate a new one).

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. motori nella leggenda

motori nella leggenda Member

I would like to thank the Lords of REIZA for having done this huge stupid, you can not find a solution to this mess that you have made despite your instructions followed, causing a lot of trouble with sites that use AMS, good continue like that.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  11. Renato Simioni

Thanks for the kind feedback mister Motori. Now that you have vented a bit, if you wish to be constructive could you inform us at least if you have run a session with this latest version and in case you´re still having trouble supply some more info about it (car / track used, number of players, type of problem experienced)?

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Se non ricordo male sei italiano come me ma...
    Hey, non mi aspettavo un post del genere, che è successo?
    Magari per le cosiddette "language barriers" non e stato possibile trovare una soluzione.

13. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the hotfix, much appreciated, as always.

14. Gilles Lalonde

Gilles Lalonde MotherDawg

Been running rFactor for so long... with zero support.
    Now here, AMS with full support... it's bewildering.

A Real Thank You, no God part, to all of the team.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

There is a rumour that the final DLC will be lawn mower racing, with a full grid of current ride-on mowers. Is this true?

16. DaVeX

Please @Renato Simioni waiting is killing us (me for sure lol) can you guys please share what is happening?
    You tease us on Twitter but not a single word here on forum for your "Reiza guys" :oops:

17. feels3

feels3 New Member

Patience you must have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Whaaaaaaaat?? Feels3 from RRE???? Please tell me you're working together on the new graphics engine :D

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. DaVeX

Uh?I missed something here?

20. feels3

feels3 New Member

I just joined the forum, nothing else, sorry ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.