1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone feel the AI are TOO aggressive now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brett Nagle, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With the recent AI update out we can finally experience multiclass racing in Automobilista. It is great too see AI not only battle you the player, but also themselves.

Having said that does anyone feel the AI are TOO aggressive in some ways? I have found in playing with the 2017 Stockcar the AI seem to have little awareness to you or the other AI.

I have found the number of turn one accidents and contact, hits from behind at a heavy breaking zones, taking my bumper off by cutting me off when we enter a turn together, or pushing me off track on straight aways not respecting my line have increased dramatically even when aggression is set to medium.

What is everyone else's opinion?

In an hour long multiclass race with the MC2000 (class I was driving) and MR18 I had one accidental contact with an MR18 when they rear ended me, other than that things went fine, but the Stockcars have been a whole nother story.

2. twalker294

twalker294 New Member

I did an AI race yesterday with the new stock car class and I had no issues. I then tried a race with the Boxer Cup then one with the MR18 and in both races there was complete carnage at turn 1. I restarted the Boxer race about 10 times with the same result and the MR18 race 4 or 5 times. I hope they get this fixed.

3. Marcos

Marcos Member

I do a diveboom in new track and AI in 75%(is very bad) don't crash me. He see me

4. Jkerry

Jkerry New Member

Hi all, I agree the AI are too aggressive. I have done about 12 races in Copa Petrobas and I only finished one without them crashing me and in that race they still hit me from behind and the side several times. It is as if you are not there and they are driving straight through you.

I am very frustrated. I hope they fix it.

5. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

+1, racing the Metalmoro i find the AI extemely agressive, even with full qualify and aggressive setting at low.

6. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Did you guys started all with a new player profile right?

7. Jkerry

Jkerry New Member

Hi, Do you mean that I have to delete the AMS file in My Documents? But won't I lose other data not just my profile? And if I do will this fix the AI?

8. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

No need to delete it, just do a backup and start with a fresh profile, folder/file should be called as your ingame name (I am away from my pc).
    Btw, after every big update I suggest to start with a new one because often it fix AI or other problems.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

A fresh profile is indeed recommended, and you may want to turn down aggression to medium or even low if you find them not giving enough space to your liking.

10. Jkerry

Jkerry New Member

Thank you, DaVeX and Renato it worked.
    I now have a new profile, and have to start my profile stat's again...or is there a way to merge the two??

On the positive side, now the over aggressive AI problem is fixed, so far I have noticed that the AI is racing better and harder, which is great. Well done Reiza.

11. VernWozza

VernWozza New Member

Not really. I find the AI to be awesome now. I still find them sitting behind each other when following on straights at times but not as much.

12. RicciardoF1

RicciardoF1 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is anyone else getting a safety car deployed on lap 2 in every race too? I thought it was due to the over aggressiveness in this update but making a new profile fixed that, But now I'm just getting constant safety cars, Please can someone help me fix this?

13. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you keep your old player profile folder?

If so inside that folder are many CCH files these contain your statistics for each series that you have driven. I am 99% sure if you copy those files to your new player profile folder that should work.

You could also take your new player PLR file rename that as was your old profile... then copy the new, renamed PLR and overwrite your old player PLR file.

If that is clear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have any issues with stock content that I have noticed.

15. Jkerry

Jkerry New Member

Thanks Gringo I will try it.

16. RicciardoF1

I noticed this too, but I'm baffled that before this update - There was no issue in the safety car. I even tried reinstalling the mod but still there. Could it be a problem with the SRS file? Would you be able to help me?

17. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In the relevant SRS file in the series folder, change the SafetyCarRoadMult value. I've set it to 9 in my 1967 series file, and have never seen a safety car! The following is copied from the Reiza99.srs file.

// Safety car threshold multipliers, in other words an adjustment for the sensitivity of the game to calling
    // full-course cautions. These can be different for road vs. oval courses. Lower numbers result in more
    // full-course cautions; default=1.0, possible values are 0.01 (very sensitive) and up. Values more than
    // 5.0 will probably result in no full-course cautions being called by the game (note that there are now
    // multiplayer admin commands to call cautions).
    SafetyCarRoadMult=2.00
    SafetyCarOvalMult=0.20

• Like Like x 2
  18. RicciardoF1

Yeah, I knew this but I managed to fix it by doing a whole plethora of things included verifying the game integrity, never the less I appreciate the help!

• Like Like x 1
  19. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No issues on stock content here. They get a little aggressive at race start in tight tracks like Adelaide but otherwise fine.

20. Wergilius

Wergilius Member AMS2 Club Member

Have there been an upgrade in the start behavior as well ? The AI is pretty good at the starts now, i.e AMS now the only sim where you can't gain 10 places during the start (if starting way back).