PLEASE REIZA, SOME NEWS!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Daniel Escudero, Apr 28, 2018.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

My guess is a new game on a modern engine that allows even better physics & graphics, with dynamic weather & full 24hr cycle and mod support, all while being properly optimized to maintain good performance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Improved current engine to dx11 plus some effects like yebis and fmod...could be an option too...but maybe too much work...Alex Sawczuk said some time ago they found a way to solve problems with shadows and improve it on AMS but that would require an engine overhaul...so no worth it am I right?

@Renato Simioni I am missing your dev blog updates...you can figure how I feel right now after that pic right? can you feel that mixture of joy and pain called hype?

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

At racedepartment the community already convicted Reiza as no engine is the right one. And that after years of love and dedication we received in AMS.
    So my advice to Reiza: keep quiet till full release. We just received a glorious amazingly AMS.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. DaVeX

They love so much AMS they are worried the new engine (supposed to be the rF2 one) could ruin the experience due the bad optimization...

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Member AMS2 Club Member

Bad optimization? :) rF2 is runnig butter smooth for me, after "performance boost update".

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DaVeX

you are one of the lucky, but right now there are a lot of problems like stutter, lag, etc even on powerfull PCs

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not in VR.:eek:

(...and VR is my "most-wanted" in AMS)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Not in the rain and first and foremost not with the GT3 DLC, at least on triples.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

Use the rf2 graphics engine or not, they're already on it, we can't decide. We know what they're capable of, so it will be better than rF2 itself.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I thought the teaser picture would be followed by some kind of announcement....
    I was wrong !
    Maybe the screenshot was only a fanfiction... :D

11. Eduardo Villaça

Eduardo Villaça Member AMS2 Club Member

When they teased that version 1.5.1 was coming it took them more than a month to actually deliver the patch... I think this announcement will also take some time, at least a couple of weeks... but I've been proven wrong before, so hopefully they'll read this and post something just to annoy me lol :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh and Reiza...as long as you have VR the world will be better. Oh yeah..you should implement VR. Besides VR a regular question is VR, or did i already mentioned that.
    Anyways, VR is really necessary otherwise peeps wont be able to play the game.
    By the way, did i mention that VR should be implemented, if not (just to be sure), implement VR otherwise nobody will never ever buy and play the game. So VR is the word...spread it out to all corners of the world. And yes...God is not a DJ, god is VR. And god is dead and SO IS VR!!!!:p

• Funny x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am a little surprised there has been no final 'manufacturer' DLC news yet. Perhaps Reiza is consumed with their next product so the dlc progress is slow?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

Two issues I have with rF2 engine are the jack hammer wheel effects even after toning them down and my main issue is the track/vehicle load times.
    I even bought an ssd drive and it made no difference, I just don't bother with rF2 apart from when a patch comes out.

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

rF2 can be tricky to achieve really good FFB. I never liked it when I used a Logitech wheel, the Fanatec CSW or, even my direct-drive at first. It took some tweaking to get it right. Without the right combination of preset, filtering / friction / dampening, it can feel pretty poor. It's totally possible though, and it's FFB is now among my favorite's - along with AMS of course. :)

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

My problem with rF2 FFB is the inconsistency. Every car in AMS feels natural and as if it came from the same physics universe. A couple of cars in rF2 feel sublime, like the USF2000. Most others are all over the place; there are fundamentally different FFB programming schemes that have been deployed over the years and never rectified; you have no idea how a car will feel until you drive it, instead of it feeling authentic relative to its stable mates. A few cars are just bad and have been left to rot for years, even thought they could have been updated.

rF2 dangles the promise of sublimity with the USF2000 FFB and handling or the sounds from another car and the graphics from a third. But most often, every car has several unfinished or short-cut aspects that destroys the overall immersion factor and pleasure. Can anyone name one rF2 car that simultaneously has top-notch sounds, FFB, textures/modelling and physics/handling? I cannot. I can name 20 AMS cars that are at or above the 90th percentile of all four of these.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. DaVeX

+1000

Also still hope to see Reiza and S397 working togheter on game engine for better performance and tune it to his maximum...

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After spending most of the week with rF2 and previous to that PC2, I launched AMS tonight on Road Atlanta with the Metalmoro AJR for 1h practice, 30 min quali, 25 laps race, 102% AI. And what an absolute blast !
    AMS has something truly special immersion wise that no other sim has. I'm always amazed at what Reiza could accomplish with the rF1 engine. And despite the ancient graphic DX9 engine it looks super nice and clean @ 4K / 60 fps with uber anti-aliasing.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree RF2 is inconsistent and AMS is super consistent. I think the historic F1 cars hit the mark you are describing though. As well as the ISI F1 circa 2012 (maybe not the sound though). The new GTE and LMP package is also quite nice.

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

. . . and rF2 has VR support, something I currently use with it and AC.

I agree that rF2 suffers from various inconsistencies and a lack of refinement in general but, at least there is some progress and new content / features are in the works. rF2 certainly should remain classified as WIP at best for now.

AMS is truly excellent imo - in many ways so, I don't meant to detract from that one bit but, I do find the rF2 FFB to be good in most of the ISI / S397 content. The FWD car's FFB are probably among the worse in rF2. Some of the mods can be hit or miss but, that's pretty much the nature of mods anyway.