Steering wheel not working online (but works well offline)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Ole Marius Myrvold, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi!

So, I was properly hyped for a multiclass, 80 min event at RD tonight. Had set up my new driver profile after the last updated, tested it offline and everything worked.

Imagine my surprise when I went on the server and the wheel was dead. Or, not completely dead - it was recognized in the settings, I could rebind the buttons, and fix all I wanted. That was nice and dandy until I clicked myself to the track. Then the game didn't get any input from the wheel at all. It was completely dead.
    Everything else worked, keyboard, mouse... But not my wheel.

I have idea at all on what to do with this, as it seemingly works at all times in the game, with the crucial exception of when going on the track, online.

Any ideas at all?

2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can try detaching it from the USB port, then reattaching. Works sometimes.

3. TheStig

TheStig New Member

For me this also happens in offline races. I can bind the keys and every axis, I can even drive some laps on the track. But most time when I switch back to the garage, e.g. to change some things in the car setup, and after this try to leave my pit stall my steering wheel (including the pedals) is completely dead. You can also see in the Automobilista controller settings that the axis bars don't move at all.
    If I quit the game afterward and open up the windows gamecontroller settings everything is ok.

So this should be a game issue.

My steering wheel is a Thrustmaster T500RS

4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold New Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, I tried, didn't work at all.

5. Wesley Baratela

Wesley Baratela New Member

I have the same problem with g27.

6. LoloRRR

LoloRRR New Member

hi,
    similar cases (or near) in this thread :
    Wheel lost

For me it is the same online or offline

7. flfybnft

flfybnft New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same issue online and offline with T500RS. The wheel works about 60% of the time when starting any session, practice/qualifying/race. No response at all to any steering/pedal/shifter inputs. Someone in the steam forum recommened running the game as admin but that didn't work for me. I have the T500RS + 2 TH8RS shifters on a USB 3.0 hub and Windows 8.1 Ent x64. Is anyone else with this issue connected directly to the computer or on a USB hub. Also, what Windows version are you guys running. This issue also happens for me on Stock Car Extreme for as long as I remember. Automobilista and Stock Car Extreme are the only 2 games that this happens on. Assetto Corsa, rFfactor 2, Dirt Rally, etc are all fine.

8. JuergenBY

JuergenBY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have USB issues with AMS as well. After reboot of my PC AMS "lost" the correct button mappings. With other games, like rF2, RRRE or pCars it never happened.

9. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same problem till I use the 2.0 USB port. I put away my 3.0 usb hub and bought another 2.0 usb pci express card for extra ports. No problem since then.

10. Pablo Bauer

Pablo Bauer New Member AMS2 Club Member

Problem continues ... even creating new profile

11. TeSL9

TeSL9 Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) AMS2 Club Member

Thrustmaster TX here.
    Wheel is disconnecting randomly when racing ONLINE (wheels "on light" goes off).
    It seems to work when driving offline, it works in the settings menu. It can disconnect on track or in garage. After the disconnection, when I try to exit the track, my PC freezes and i have to reboot it. Sometimes it stays on 40 practice, 15 quali and 60 minute race. Sometimes it disconnects 3 times in an hour... Frustrating.
    (i have tried to use different usb slots and hubs and i have my bios to force every slot in usb 2.0 mode.)
    It seems to be a wheel issue but if it happens only in online sessions , it cannot be?

No this kind of issues in other games or sims.

Win 10 home 64bit
    i5-4670K
    8192MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    TM TX leather and f1 rim. 3tpa pedals
    Frex shift+, G27 shifter (usb adapter)

12. still_guns

still_guns New Member

My wheel stopped working altogether with it's Direct Input function, but switch to XInput (which turns it into an XBox controller) and it works

13. JuergenBY

JuergenBY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There must be something in an ini file, to reduce the ffb refresh rate. I guess this could be the solution.

14. TeSL9

Everything worked fine i think, until couple of the newest updates.

15. TeSL9

After a few trials and errors, i think that the problem i solved for me. It was a windows control panel usb issue. Pc was allowing windows to save power disconnecting usb devices. I crossed them off.