Sim Experience SimVibe messed up AMS' user profile location. Fix? What's going on?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Spin, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Spin

Spin Active Member

The first times I launched AMS using SimVibe / Sim Commander, AMS brought me to the first-time graphics setup screen, create a new player profile, etc. It also didn't read any of my previous player profiles, graphics options, car setups, etc. I already have AMS and a user profile definitely installed though.

Automobilista seems to be using the User Data folder in the game's install directory instead of the Documents like AMS normally uses.

When I started AMS from Steam or directly clicking the AMS.exe, it used to start with my regular profile from the documents directory even though starting it from Sim Commander would use the game's install directory. However, after a few times playing with SimVibe, even clicking on the AMS.exe or starting from Steam now always uses the install directory profile.

How do I tell AMS to use the default location again (documents, no game install directory) and why is this happening in the first place?

P.S. I tried SimShaker Wheels and Next Level Racing's Motion Platform v3 - they both use software similiar to SimVibe in that they need to read the games' physics - and neither of them created any problems.

2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

If you launch the game as usual your profile will be stored on Documents folder.
    If you launch it as Admin your profile will be stored on install folder.
    Check permissions for SIM vibe/commander, maybe you launch them as admin?

3. Spin

Spin Active Member

Neither SimVibe nor AMS are being launched as Admin.

I just tried launching AMS (SimVibe not running) and it doesn't matter if I start it as admin or normal, the same profile gets used so I'm not sure what you mean about admin or not. It doesn't make a difference on my end.

I've run many programs/games in admin and not admin. Switching between the two has never affected any part of my games (profiles, saved games, options, etc.). I think I've even tested AMS before with admin rights and it always continued using my proper profiles.

Sim Commander, it seems, somehow told the game to start using the install directory instead of documents. SimShaker Wheels and NLR Motion v3 software never changed my game and they worked normal. Why is Sim Commander messing with things?

4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I recommend asking in the SimXperience forums or better yet, submit a support ticket with them. I have never had that issue but, IIRC - there may have been others that have.

• Agree Agree x 1