MULTIPLAYER - SERVER ISSUE

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Kevin Pheiffer, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

@Renato Simioni
    Just a few thoughts.
    When my league was using GSC, the server was rock steady and worked like a charm.
    With AMS, my drivers are having serious issues with disconnecting when someone joins the server or leaves. Happens every race.
    Drivers get disconnected when session changes, which means restarting the races a number of times making qualifying a waste of time.
    Sometimes it's a nightmare and other times, everything works just great. At times, we get 5 disconnects at once!
    Just want to know if you guys are aware of this and if we can get expect a fix at some point.
    Otherwise, thanks for a great game.

2. Kevin Pheiffer

Still no response to my server problem?

3. GrimDad

GrimDad Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Kevin, I saw this post and ticked watch thread because this has never happened to us. When people join or leave there is a bit of a stutter though. Similar to what happened in rF1.

This could be isolated to you or only appears under certain situations.
    What sort of internet connection is the server on and how many on the server when it happens?
    Server spec might help too

4. Kevin Pheiffer

It's a 10meg VPS. Never had any problem with any other game. Even when running 30 cars.
    Now it happens even with 3 drivers. Not all the time though. Also, the guys lose their HUD when someone joins or leaves.

5. GrimDad

GrimDad Member AMS2 Club Member

I've had my dynhud delta stop working when people leave so maybe that is part of the problem

Kind of knew you guys would have decent server but had to ask. Thought maybe it had to do with large grids.