Issue with Triple Screen

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by mkel1966, Jul 25, 2018.

1. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello guys:) Could you help me with this issue? I adjusted the height of my monitors yesterday, unplugging everything, and when I fired up AMS it's this way...(yup, no wheel yet. My T300rs gave out, waiting for the new set from Simplicity and sorry for the quality of the pic)
    [​IMG]
    If I do bezel correction, turns out this way. If I just enable surround without adjusting any numbers it fills up the whole 3 screens. Only thing I have not done is uninstall/reinstall AMS.
    Things I did.
    1. Clean up graphics driver, update to current driver, use the last working driver and used DDU each time to no avail.
    2. Validate AMS files(just to make sure, 51 files missing), same result.
    3. Multiview is 'ticked'.
    4. Checked nVidia control panel and Inspector, same result.
    5. Run RF2 and AC with no issues at all even with latest drivers. Only AMS and it's the one I always use.

Did I miss anything? I had windows update installed yesterday. I was able to delete the other 2 but the MS windows one I can't. I thought my windows update service was disabled:rolleyes:.

Appreciate any help.

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I read somewhere that the latest nVidia driver messed up Surround, but I can't say if that was with the current version or the one before, and if it's even something that happens generally or just with certain versions of Windows 10. Maybe try rolling back your graphics driver two versions and see if something changes.

Just to make sure, you activeate surround, type in the bezel correction, and then you go to the AMS options to choose the corrected resolution and activate multiview?

rF2 and AC both have built-in utilities to adjust triple screens, so that's not really a good comparison.

3. mkel1966

Thanks for the reply. And yes, I activated surround, did bezel correction, went to AMS config to change resolution and clicked multiview. I tried different gpu drivers to the latest one then went back to the last one working before and still the same result:(. With rF2 and AC, I never mess with the built-in utilities I just thought I'd check because AMS is the game I play 99% of the time. My last resort would be to uninstall/reinstall AMS to see if that would help.

4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Running triples here with no issues. 6080 resolution. Multi-view ticked

5. mkel1966

After an uninstall and fresh install of the game, everything is back to normal. I wonder what happened, all I did was unplug the monitor cables while I adjust it's height. At least it is ready now for for the servo arriving in a few days:).