1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza + Studio397 + rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taris, Jul 10, 2018.

1. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Member

Would be nice to get a discount on the bundle when owing AMS.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So, will the AJR compete with the LMP2 car? That would be great, but i'm not sure i see much of a fit for anything else.

3. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be really nice if they announced the release date and the price first...
    I hope it won't be a "S397" pricing : 2 tracks, 4 cars... 40 € :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

It depends on how much control S397 has over the pricing. If they get their way, you can expect it to be much more than AMS DLC. They've tested the waters already with other content, and they've learned they can get away with exorbitant prices.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. tlsmikey

The question I keep asking myself is why i'd want this content in rF2? AMS runs smoother, has day/night and in my opinion and equally good FFB system.

I would like to say VR, but it so poorly optimized in rF2 that i rarely use it. The only reason i'm playing a fair amount of rF2 right now is the vehicle content (GTE and LMP2/3). If AMS had this content, i'd never leave.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Im not sure what your PC specs are but VR is running really well for me now in rF2 , have you lowered AA to x2 maximum ? It still looks clear with it at x2 !

I also hope Reiza has control over DLC pricing and or S397 have learned more can be made from lower cost and more sales .

7. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Member AMS2 Club Member

Endurance pack = €14.97
    GT3 pack = €14.97
    Sebring = €8.99
    Zandvoort = free
    Botaniaring = free
    Edit:
    Portland = free
    Nola = free
    Radical SR3 RSX = free
    Brabham BT44B = free
    March 761 = free
    McLaren = free
    5 tracks, 14 cars... €38.93

You better hope for S397 pricing :D

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Radical SR3 RSX = free (great little car for online racing)
    Brabham BT44B and March 761 = free
    Upcoming McLaren from the same era also for free (looks like the "severall McLaren cars" they are working for the event will be all free)
    NOLA = free

No idea about upcoming Portland.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Gasper Zupan

I agree. S397 is not so expensive as some people would like to paint it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Not sure how pricing works in other countries but for Brazilian players rF2 DLC is very expensive when compared to price of the base game:

rFactor 2 base game = BR$61.99
    Sebring = BR$39.09
    Formula E Pack = BR$42.33
    GT3 Pack = BR$65.10
    Endurance Pack = BR$65.10
    KartSim Pack = BR$86.86

I got the base game on sale for BR$32 so there's no way I'll pay BR$39 for 1 single track or BR$65 for a few cars.
    rF2's DLC is also expensive when compared to DLC of games like AC (BR$82.43 for ultimate edition) & PCars (B$55.99 for season pass).
    I'm all for supporting developers but unless there's a price drop I'll stick to the base game + mods.

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Wow that BR looks all kinds of whacked !!
    In Australia
    rF2 is $31.98 usd on sale it goes for $19 usd
    Endurance pack is $17.34 usd
    GT3 pack is $17.34 usd
    Formula E pack $11.28 usd
    Kartsim $23.16 usd
    Sebring $10.42 usd .

12. Will Mazeo

Like I said to a brazilian youtuber once... it's not that rF2 stuff is expensive... it's our currency that is worth nothing. ;)
    The price of the packs is in euro so when govt push our currency price down to "help national industry" that's the result.
    I think RaceRoom (from their store) is the same thing, price is converted directly so it jumped pretty bad in recent months with our currency losing value. Still cheaper than rF2 because its prices in euro are also cheaper.
    The other games (and rFactor 2 base) are cheaper here because the developer sell them with much smaller profit. This then get into the market study... is it worth selling the items with discounted price in Brazil? Only S397 knows and given their choice I guess it does not. If they sold a pack for R$15 right now they'd be only making €3,40 and then if our currency price drops they make even less.
    With rF2 player base is it worth? Would more people really buy it if was cheaper? How many more would buy if sold for that price? We'll never know I guess.

13. tlsmikey

For me the S397 pricing is high because the content they provide isn't what most of us want. I don't see anyone asking for:

Portland:
    Atlanta Motorsports Park
    NOLA
    Botaniaring

The Mclaren is a great free add-on and I think the latest 70's F1 cars are fantastic to drive. The Radical....not so much. The FFB on that car does not seem to correspond to my real world experience nor any other model of that car in any other sim.

Add on top of that that the Endurance pack (which is great) as well as the GT3 Pack have dust/debris coming into the cockpit of many cars while driving really leaves me feeling ripped off.

On the other hand we have Reiza who has provided one of the most polished titles in recent memory. I don't think i've ever noticed any major bugs with AMS and the value is off the charts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Gasper Zupan

Sure, you have every right to not like those tracks. But some of us do like them. And nobody is asking anyone for anything ;)

I agree, Reiza does best work on the market, and AMS is for me the best and most complete product. But I don't understand why should I (or anyone) then complain about the price and be afraid of "Studio397 pricing"? If we want quality, we should be more then pleased to pay for it. And Sebring and Endurance pack are quality imo. I believe we all hope for Reiza Bundle DLC to be the same or higher quality. So why shouldn't we pay a fair price for it? Can someone explain this to me please? Adelaide, Hockenheim and Imola are €6 each. Why is it a problem to pay €9 (€3 more) for Sebring? I think both prices are totally fair.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Will Mazeo

This part of your comment is really ironic considering AMS core content :D

About stuff coming into cockpit, they "fixed" it from top half of the car, AFAIK there is a limitation in the graphic engine that still allow it to get into the car from the botton part.
    AMS is no different tho, smoke and dust get into the cockpit, unless they fixed it in recent updates, long time I dont play AMS

16. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Fifty percent more is fair?

17. Gasper Zupan

It's not 50%. It's €3. Developers pay licenses, programmers, bills etc. in €, not in %. Why is this so hard to understand? If we want better content, there is a price to pay :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. nate

nate New Member AMS2 Club Member

Except rF2 dlc is objectively expensive for what you get, regardless of where you are from.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Christian.ca

Christian.ca New Member AMS2 Club Member

Concerning Sebring, laser scan also have a value (funny how most forget about that part)! And some of the other titles mention when comparing price of a single track, don't release many free content, so add everything and divide it. Or maybe they should just charge for everything so they could lower the price!

The only real valid concern with price is when you really loose with currency change, it can make some of the content really expensive. That I understand.

Anyway I'll gladly pay for what ever Reiza charge for their rF2 content. I feel its been soooo long since I sent money their way that I feel guilty. Been on board since the first Game Stock Car and value always been incredible.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Three is fifty percent of six.

• Winner Winner x 2