Please Reiza fix this.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Marcus de Clion, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Marcus de Clion

Marcus de Clion New Member

At the beginning I want to say that I fell in love with this game from the beginning. The content of the game is great. But as a lonely player, I was very disappointed. I have almost 200 hours in the game, and all this time I have a problem. I want to play in the championship and finish it, an ordinary single race is not enough. Every time I start the championship and want to leave the game, the race is automatically abandoned and I move on to the next one. That's why I want to ask, will it ever be fixed? Is it so hard to implement a button to exit the championships without giving up the race? Some mysterious silence has come, I get the impression that the game has died and does not depend on anyone. I do not want any new DLC anymore, if you fix what is and will work as it should.

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Hello,

tested this and behavior works fine here, completed the race, exited game, i have next track as expected, none skipped.

Have you meant exiting mid-race?

@Marcus de Clion can you please be exact, step by step what you do, for example like this:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  3. Marcus de Clion

Thank you for your answer. Of course, when I create a new championship and finish the race, it's all right, I get points and go to the next one, as it should be. One race and I leave the game. When I come back again, of course I am loading another one, and it seems to me that if I finished it, it would probably be all right. But most often I break up and do a few approaches to restart the race. After a few tries I still have not finished it and I want to leave the game. When I do this, I am canceled, everyone has 0 points and I'm no longer in race number 2 only 3. Maybe I'm out of the game wrong? in which case how should I do it? Maybe this is an exiting mid-race? Because I do not finish it and I want to leave the game. In that case, how to restart the approach to the next race, for example on a different day?

4. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

I've tested the mid-race exit scenario as well, it worked fine here.
    What cars were you using / track (don't really think it is series specific, but as in any testing "noise" must be minimum). Will report back.

PS. Am i reading correctly, when you refer to "Race 2" "Race 3" -> you mean individual "Weekends", on different tracks, not "Race1", "Race2" on same track?

5. Marcus de Clion

Automobilista bug.jpg It's about different tracks, I set one race on the track, 30 min. I'm trying to play all the series. I simply can not always finish it. I press ESC and X to leave the race. Then the results table is shown, sometimes it happens that everything is ok, and sometimes everyone has 0 points and the next race is automatically. I've tried many things, created a new profile, installed the game from the beginning, I do not use mods.
    If everything seems to be okay as you say, maybe it's just my ailment. Thank you very much for your answer.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  6. Marcus de Clion

I submit, uninstalled the game again, deleted all folders. I did not install any mods. I created a new profile and started playing the Stock Car season. It looked like everything was fine, I left the game and stayed on the same track that I left. After finishing three races, bam !!! After leaving the game I am suddenly in fourth, wanting to leave the game again, suddenly I'm in the fifth. No one gets points !!! Can someone explain it to me? Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe the game has a problem with saving files?

7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

If you leave mid race, don't you cancel out of it and forfeit it, like a DNF? Would make sense to me tbh, unless AMS has save states for races.

8. Marcus de Clion

You also say. that if I break the car I press ESC and then X in the upper left corner is automatically the race is canceled? In that case, before pressing X I have to restart the session? I do not finish the race and I do not see checkered flags. If the game recognizes that I do not want to race on this track, ask me if I want to leave it without being able to try again.

9. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you don't finish a race in championship, that's a dnf, yes. It seems pretty normal to me...:)
    You need to restart the race before leaving if you want to do it again an another time.