PLEASE REIZA, SOME NEWS!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Daniel Escudero, Apr 28, 2018.

1. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to admit that I didn't watch the videos...
    I would have loved a Mac Laren DLC though :)

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I am sure it will be great, whatever it is.

I am more concerned about the next title graphics engine. We have ACC coming... Someone needs to pay attention to that, not just rF2. To be honest, I wish S397 and Reiza would work together to pick a new graphics engine for both rF2 and "Reiza 18." Or, that Reiza will somehow work a miracle and take less than 5 years to optimize the existing ISI/S397 graphics engine. I think we have seen only in the most recent rF2 update from S397 some of the graphics performance update improvements that were expected literally years ago.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. GTSpeedster

GTSpeedster Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To tell you the truth I never understood the heavy critics to the gMotor2 graphics engine. It evolved massively over the years with both Sector3 and Reiza's versions being both a very realistic representation of the world as it really is. In my opinion rF2's has a lot of potential for improvement as well. I constantly see people over praising Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and the Unreal platforms for their supposed "beauty" but real life does not have hollywood lights and filters all over it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I think the main graphics attributes missing in older Sim's are really effective lighting, advanced shadows and shader's. The difference those make can be stunning but, during gameplay, tend to be lost to the real action taking place.

How much is enough? Much like immersion in simulation, we are still trying to figure that out . . .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For me, "enough" is that I can sit in a sim vehicle and not have outdated graphical presentation and/or poor performance drag me out of the immersion.

Reiza are incredible developers who've done amazing things with the old rF1 codebase, but even they can't polish the turd that is gMotor. For me there's a certain level of cognitive dissonance driving AMS - it sounds and feels so fantastic, yet looks like I'm driving in a cartoon. I think with the average level of computing power at the disposal of gamers in 2018, it's not shallow or unreasonable to hope for better than 2003 era graphics.

I hope that whatever direction Reiza take with the next product, at the very least it allows for proper dynamic HDR lighting and shadowing, decent shaders and textures, and a stable framerate. All this tech is available now. AMS is a wonderful driving experience, I'm sure it will appeal to a far larger audience if the graphics actually complement the driving instead of detracting from it.

And actually on topic :) , Reiza's communication is exemplary. They don't just throw tidbits out to the faithful on bloody Discord, but actually interact meaningfully with the community on the forum. Radio silence always means that something significant is coming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I use a DD wheel and couldn't give a stuff about graphics. Constant moaning about it is annoying when you have the best physics. How many of you pretty boys are actually fast?

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

I do agree all though i own a TS-PC.
    Yes, during the start of a game i see graphic differences but once im racing everything disappears. All trackside features: boards, buildings, trees. Even AI cars, all they need are two bright braking lights. The only graphics i care about are the braking points defined by kerbs, and other handy signs i can use for braking.
    But for the rest im only about the entry and exit of corners and the FFB feel i have during corners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 3
  9. Heikki21

Heikki21 Member AMS2 Club Member

Wonder which will be the 4th car o_O ? As far as I know the MCR2000, Formula Vee, and the AJR are known. Hope so much for the F3 car, as I think it is the best F3 on the simmarket.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It is clear to see how the RF2 dlc benefits Studio397. Of course sales will benefit Reiza's revenue as well. The linkage between the RF2 engine and future AMS titles is still speculation, although this project makes it likely that Reiza is seriously exlporing it if nothing else.

I find it a bit odd that the final AMS dlc has still not been mentioned. It was announced well over a year ago.... it can't be that large of a dlc, can it? And even if it is large, why not announce it? At this point I coild picture some customers on the fence about what title to buy... RF2 or AMS. The new RF2 dlc could push some of them to buy that instead of AMS.... and the AMS dlc might sway them Reiza's way. Of course I think they should be buying both but that isn't always how it works out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm Idk, rF2 has a Tatuus license and they have a F3 so not sure they'd allow Reiza to sell one, but who knows, 2 F3 would be nice actually

12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Fittipaldi car?

13. Heikki21

Heikki21 Member AMS2 Club Member

What you mean @DaVeX ?

14. DaVeX

This beauty!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's interesting because it would fit the 2 F1 cars S397 released recently
    And the McLaren S397 announced some months ago

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope its due to holiday season and Reiza deserves a long good holiday after giving everything to create the amazing AMS racesim.
    I can't deny that at the same time i am a bit worried. Like everything collapsed after finishing AMS. Yes, rF2 dlc is coming but we haven't heard anything about future plans. Lets go wild: working on Simbins GTR3? What do u think?

17. traind

In the modern age, I am not sure it is best to say nothing until the last minute. In their own forum it feels desolate regarding news

18. nate

nate New Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS isnt even done yet though, Reiza is still advertising 1 more dlc pack that we are supposed to get, which is also part of the season pass.

Leaving your audience out in the cold for ~5 months now on what is going on has been a bad decision imo. If they have shifted focus to new things... just say that something new is being worked on, and that development for AMS has entirely ceased. As it is now though, people paid for something that doesnt even have any information released from Reiza about it, and they have continually refused to even acknowledge it when pressed.

And Im not saying this as someone that wants to see development of AMS continue... as development has already carried on far longer than first planned. But when there is still content people have paid for that doesnt have any information shared about it, and the entire studio goes completely silent... that's not cool.

19. DaVeX

Renato stated we will know something more about latest DLC for AMS and about next title soon (maybe shortly after the rF2 bundle release or the same day).
    So guys don't worry all going good as usual, Reiza guys have been very talkative with us and we know what means when they go in "silent mode"...means they are working for something big or worth the wait...;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  20. traind

I am sure it will be good when it arrives. No reason to doubt that at all. But just the last dlc itself was promised well over a year ago. There has been no real news on it since. Let alone news on the next full title.

And when have Reiza been very talkative with us? I must have missed that, lol. It's like a graveyard for news here for months in their very own forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1