1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza General Update - Fresh News All Around!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update Many Thanks Renato, I can't hide my disappointment that the wonderful SuperV8 won't be coming in the RF2 Bundle but it's perfectly understandable seeing as it's a semi-fictional car and with the direction that S397 are going with regards to Official content. Either way I'll enjoy the Pack and it'll be good to drive your stuff in VR!

As for AMS2/Reiza201X my personally opinion is that if it's a new graphical engine entirely then 2019 is optimistic for any sort of release including Beta, the work Kunos have had to do just to get UE4 & ACC working took a couple of years at least from the start and here Reiza havn't decided yet what to do.
    If however they go with the RF2 Engine then chances are improved for a 2019 release, but by that I mean Early Access/Beta release as a Full Release is pushing it somewhat...but you never know as this team never fails to surprise!

Regardless of what direction they choose to take I'm looking forward to the next title and future work that Reiza bring us, they are a strong and very good Sim Dev Team that have delivered in the past and no doubt will do in the future, all the best Reiza.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sektor

Sektor Member

Great news!

3. JES

JES New Member

Yeah, DX11 wasn't such a big change in actual graphics as the hype implied. I would say the main advantage is simply PR. But PR matters a lot, people buy smartphones that have QHD displays even though a lot lower resolution would look identical. Same thing goes with VR support, even though it's only a fraction, it's important for marketing. And DX11 does provide some real benefits, like support for newer tech, better multithreading and better driver support from modern GPU's, etc.

If there's an alternative to rF2 engine that would allow a quick transition to DX11, then why not. S397 took about a year to make DX11 build worth using, so that's probably the minimum time to do such a move from scratch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Speculation mode ON.
    Everyone looking to new engine for AMS 2...why do you look for UE4 and forget of Cryengine (PC 1&2)?
    The interesting part is they "received a proposal" so someone moved towards them...
    Speculation mode OFF.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

UE 4 gives me headaches about the pc requirements...haha

Why dont we go back to the GTR2 engine (not confuse with GP2 engine ...) to get the daynight and wheather changing transitions? Just porting ams content and physics, that way we all could handle this sim full specs ..:p

And stick with DX9, as said above gets great reults when cool tuned as in Raceroom. I think the same said by alex about RF2 graphics with dx11

Just an idea that is not gonna be real....so we will end in UNREAL :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. vveyro

vveyro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The physics/handling of AMS are already at a very good state, so good that I'm worried of any change :D All I really would need from AMS2 is better graphics, dynamic weather and DX11/DX12 support

Good to hear that last DLC is still coming

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nate

nate New Member AMS2 Club Member

PC1/2 had nothing to do with Cryengine. Nor does the SMS' Madness engine which PC1/2 use.

If you want to turn on speculation mode for something truly revolutionary...

...why not speculate that Reiza is teaming up with the floundering SimBin UK to work on GTR(eiza) 19? :p

What requirements?

The myth that it requires a super computer to run acceptably?

UE4 can run on a toaster when optimized well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great news Renato, do you think you may release another RF2 DLC with the excellent Reiza kart tracks, in the future? Or is it full steam ahead now with the aforementioned future projects. Obviously I have no clue how long it takes to port tracks from AMS to RF2, but I would definitely, definitely buy!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great news Renato, do you think you may release another RF2 DLC with the excellent Reiza kart tracks, in the future? Or is it full steam ahead now with the aforementioned future projects. Obviously I have no clue how long it takes to port tracks from AMS to RF2, but I would definitely, definitely buy!!

10. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza has made good decision after good decision in its development of Automobilista. I wish them luck with choosing a new engine.

My only worry is the rF2 software. S397 has worked hard in the last year but there is still no new UI, no built-in FFB meter, and the sim itself demands top-end PCs and graphics cards. On top of all that, I find the graphics rather jarring. Perhaps Reiza should concentrate on exploring the new avenues that @Renato Simioni mentioned?

Thank you for the generous gift to AMS backers and rF2 owners.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For a release in 2019 I'll bet the choice is rF2 engine solo game or a direct partnership with S397 into rF2. I mean.... new UI is HTML based, allows for a lot of customization if Reiza does their own thing. I think once S397 get this part right they'll advance on the others much faster as it seems (my speculation based on how rF2 works) this new UI needs a lot of parts of rF2 to be reworked as well, i.e package system, what is making this feature take way longer than it should. Anyone that watched that dev video from earlier this year probably understand this.

Let's see if I guess this one right too, I did get the Reiza rF2 DLC right back when they showed the first screen shot :p

For those citing ACC as an example dont forget Kunos had someone injecting milions into their studio and ACC was in the works for more than a year before it was public that they had a new game coming ;) by what Renato said they didnt make any choice yet so it's unlikely anything UE4 related would appear in so short time... unless it would be to use Kunos work on ACC, or also could be that someone was already porting the isi physics engine into UE4 before.... maybe the "not rF3" ISI talked about before

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Roberto Moraes

Roberto Moraes New Member

Sensacional, obrigado Renato e obrigado Reiza Studios!!

13. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Member AMS2 Club Member

Why Metalmoro to rF2 when there are already Oreca and Norma? What rF2 needs from AMS are Mini Challenge and Caterhams :) MRC 2000 and Formula Vee are both perfect options imo.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni ...a little hint for last AMS DLC? :oops:

Thank you for the update! :hurrayreiza:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Bocas84

Bocas84 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Then VR in the current AMS better we forget. I was hoping that you would not forget about us (the VR community) but I can see that I can erase the game from my PC, because I will not be able to play it anymore.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"The good news is that there are no shortage of good options that will allow us to deliver on those targets."

"While licensing the rF2 engine remains a very exciting option, for now development of the Bundle is an end on itself - we´re still evaluating other options including one that has just recently been presented, while remaining adamant a decision will have to be taken soon."

Good news indeed that there are several options for the new engine, probably a few not publicly known. In any case, the choice of the proper engine will be critical and can be difference between completion and... failure. I'd be happy if the rF2 engine was chosen because it seems a safe bet. I suppose it will have its new UI before the end of this year.

I'm also super pumped for the Reiza rf2 pack. The Metalmoro AJR is one of my favorite. I hope there will be other packs, if only to help fund the next game.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Agree, but then Reiza has to somehow fill-in all the blanks that ISI/S397 hasn't been able to do in more than 5 years.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

As always, it's great to read some news from our favourite studio.
    I'm looking forward what the coming weeks will bring us :D

19. Marc Collins

I agree, except that even better physics are possible in rF2. The dilemma is whether the AMS cars and tracks could be converted while maintaining their inherent quality in a reasonable time frame and without being boxed-in by S397 (e.g., only able to use their tires or driveline modelling or dealing with clunky rain and pudding that's been evolving for five plus years or other key components that remain unfinished or very messy after so many years).

My preference, if it was possible, would be to use rF2 physics, but a different graphics engine. The ideal solution would be for S397 to finally see the light and abandon the troublesome and slow rF2 graphics engine in favour of an industry-standard one that could then also be used by Reiza (and other Devs who could want to develop specialty products based on rF2. But we already knew that was the smart option more than 5 years ago. . and no move has been made that I am aware of.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Marc Collins

There is already a dedicated kart mod for rF2, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.