No free look/rotate camera option anymore ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Jan Mikuž, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been away for a year or so, but If i'm not mistaken you'd hit delete key and you could then use the mouse to rotate camera 360 from any selected fixed camera position. Now i can only use this option when in TV camera, but not with any of the onboard or chase cameras.
    I also used to be able to move the camera up/down/left/right with my num keys, if i remember correctly. This also doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Was this option taken out ?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  2. hashegotabeard

hashegotabeard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The option is still there for me. Have a check of your key bindings in the menu to see if they're unassigned or have changed for some reason.

3. Jan Mikuž

Thanks for the response. I have already checked all the camera commands on the list, but nothing looks like the thing im looking for. Will check again. Do you happen to know which command it is ? Is it "Swingman" ?

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2018-12-5_14-53-57.png

Toggle Free Move is what you're looking for I think. That's a default bind for me. Could probably be better located with camera binds.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Jan Mikuž

Yes, Dave, that's what i was looking for. Thanks.
    Didn't struck me as something related to camera manipulation when i went through the binds.
    Probably due to the binds it is bunched up with not being camera related...
    And i got it bound to U now by default, instead of delete.
    Also found out in the meantime that the ''swingman up/down...'' binds are the ones i was looking for for moving the camera x,y,z and zooming.

• Like Like x 1