1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simvibe with automobilista beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kimbo, Dec 21, 2018.

1. kimbo

kimbo Member AMS2 Club Member

I can not make AMS beta work with simvibe software, could someone do it? how? Thanks in advance

2. kimbo

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, I don't currently have the Beta version installed but, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work. It did before and I know the public version does.

The most likely issues you could have are with the game-plugin not working or SimVibe is not using the telemetry properly for some reason (most often because the game is not fully connected with SC4 / SV using the Auto-Search & discovery method).

I always run the Auto-Search wizard in SC4 and then close SC4 before going to the next step (Auto Discover), then close and restart again. Also, if you re-install SC4, be sure to reboot after right after, assign sound-card(s) and close SC4 and reboot again. That way, you have the best chance of the process working.

If you have telemetry logging enabled, check to be sure that SC4 is recording AMS telemetry properly, if not, then you need to confirm that the plug-in is installed in the proper folder and run the Search & discovery process again and Close and Re-start SC4 between steps.

I hope that helps. :)
    Dean

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. kimbo

Thanks Dean for the info!!!, I'll try

5. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Hi Dean. Sorry to be dense, but you can tell me where the plugin is and what folder it's supposed to be in? I think I have the same problem, but I've never had to manually place a SimVibe plugin before.

6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If it's a plugin for the game (a .dll file) they go in '<AutomobilistaInstallDir>/Plugins' Directory.

If it's a steam install and you are not sure where you can right click Automobilista in the steam games list and choose properties, then on the local files tab click browse local files and it will be opened in windows explorer.

7. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Thanks. I got it working this afternoon. :)

• Like Like x 1