Wheel stops being recognised

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Cat, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Cat

Cat New Member

I keep having this issue where if I'm exiting the race or practice and change series or car, my wheel stops being recognised by the game and have to restart, sometimes when I restart the wheel rotation stops working.
    I have had this happen in the past but can replicate it enough times now to say its a bug and is there a quick fix without having to unplug and restart everything?

T500rs

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

From my experience, such issues are often USB-connection related or there is a intermittent faulty connection in one of the controllers (or components) being used. For example, a dirty potentiometer or button-contact may cause enough of an interruption in the signal to cause disruption of the control scheme. A sticky button or key can also contribute to such issues.

I've had it happen when my USB cable end had too much movement (Wheel-end); my solution was to add a small strip of aluminum furnace tape to the connector and had no more dis-connects until the cable itself ultimately failed completely and I then revised the cable system. Point being, any disruption in the controller-functions can trip up the game-control signals.