Multiplayer list problems (newbie)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by lucaf, Dec 31, 2018.

1. lucaf

lucaf New Member

Hello all, I am new to this game and I am quite confused of this behaviour. I think the multiplayer server list needs many improvements.

The most important issues:
    1. we should have an option to filter private server/public servers
    2. we should have option to filter servers that have unavailable content
    Is it because of the second issue, that on some servers the information of the cars available on server is wrong: it displays me always the last car I have used, then if I try to join the servers, the whole game disappears (I would call this also crashing).

I can't believe how this user interface has this kind of rFactor'ish issues after so many years (I mean...it would be easier to understand if the game was released inside a year).

IMO its also totally out of purpose that user must first select a car class, before going to single player (this is already off topic, but I could not resist to write it)

Otherwise I like the sim very much, the driving feeling is very nice.

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We are a small team and have to pick and choose our battles. We have improved the UI in places that can give the maximum benefit with the time and resources available. Sadly of course some areas still aren't the best but we've done what we can.

With regard to seeing more information about servers you can check out the lobby on Virtual Xperience (Virtual Xperience) were there are additional filtering rules and full break down of available vehicle filters set on the server. You can even join directly from there if the game is not already running.

The car selection screen for multiplayer should limit your selection only to what is available on the server regardless of what you had selected previous. It's normal behaviour is to not change your existing selection if it is acceptable to the servers vehicle filter or to change it to something that is in the event it doesn't fit.

If you have a consistently reproducible case where this does not happen please report it in the bug report thread Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post) with complete steps involved to recreate along with full info on content loaded/selected and any relevant server information, thanks.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. lucaf

lucaf New Member

Thank you, appreciate your answer and this information of VX was very useful. I will use it.

• Like Like x 2