AI Race Starts and Oversteer

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Haiden, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Recently came back to AMS after long time away. Love the sim, the track selection, car handling, and physics. It's as good as I remember. But the AI are just insane at race starts in F1 type cars. I had to restart numerous times to get them through T1 without massive piles up. Starting P4, if I survived the carnage, the rest of the grid was usually left behind and I'd be P1 after the first turn. I had to turn the aggression down to Low, but still had problems.

Also, the AI cars seem to have a problem with the rear stepping out. It happens too often to be realistic, and ends you slowing the cars down, making them easy to pass, as they get terrible exits out of corners due to them losing the rear.

Am I missing something? I don't remember the AI being this bad.

2. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The AI in AMS are one of the best out there, but i know that with some cars in some tracks there have still issues, it seems that because of the numerous cars and tracks in Reiza content, some mysterious bugs still are there. there are numerous things you can do if you know your way in the files structures, i am talking about making HDV upgrade you can give them a slight different physic. I thing thats the best way because Reiza are so busy on the new title, and frankly my opinion is "let them work on AMS 2" and also i dont think a simulation program can be really totaly bug free? i doubt it.

3. taylajee

taylajee Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What you are describing seams like modded cars/tracks symptoms.

4. Silvano

Yes indeed this goes primary for moded cars but...some original cars too, at least for one prob, AI are generaly too slow in corners.

5. Silvano

I tryed R3E since last update, the AI are good but the best fight i had was with AI in AMS, just to say, i can go drive on other sim sometimes but i allways get back to AMS, its my home ;)
    I mean, AMS with its few minor issues as it is now is my favorite of all ! on other sims i dont get so good immersion.
    Grafics, physics, sounds and open to moding, the WINNER ! :)

:hurrayreiza:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1