Throttle pedal

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by LoT, Jan 11, 2019.

1. LoT

LoT New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,

I've noticed recently that when I have around 50% pedal input I already reached 100% output.
    I played with some settings and checked the web for info but I don't find any.
    Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Working on the assumption this is not the case in other titles too, in which case check your controllers driver settings, you can modify axis behaviour on the 'Axis' tab of the controls screen.

Select the appropriate controller at the bottom and use the Input test area to see the results of your tweaks. JOY1 will be the controller at the top of the devices list, JOY2 the second etc... If you have the correct controller selected and depress the axis in question you should be able to see the results of you slider changes in the test area as you make them.

The last two columns are likely where you need to look at changes. The middle column sets the saturation of the axis. If this is set to 50%, the axis will reach full output at 50% input.

The Sensitivity column controls the linearity of the input. At 50% input will be linear, less than 50% will be less sensitive in the early part of the axis increasing more rapidly towards the end, more than 50% the opposite.

upload_2019-1-11_12-40-38.png

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LoT

LoT New Member AMS2 Club Member

I've set the sensitivity to 0. Together with the throttle rate at 10% it improves a bit.
    It's probably related to the stiffer spring I installed so will be looking in that direction for a fix.
    Thanks