"I can´t run Automobilista" - Official troubleshooting topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 9, 2016.

1. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The skins were not properly saved and are missing mip maps. So not something you can easily do on your side if those are skins you've downloaded; better tell (nicely ;)) the painter to re-save his dds files with 6 mipmaps.

2. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss New Member AMS2 Club Member

For somebody with 16gb RAM to play with (and AMS had been my main sim since I quit AC in February after 3 months playing and refused to buy PC2 since I hated it therefore, bar rF2 and their lack of content, all that memory is redundant) Is there a way to bypass that limit to use all available memories like you could with rF1 which had a patch to bypass the 2gb limit because I had been performing AI tests by Frankensteining parts from cars of other mods that I converted from rF1 using the GSCE convertor which caused AMS to crash when I hit the play button even though I had 5-10 cars to play with at once

3. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss New Member AMS2 Club Member

Recently, I managed to fix this by resaving it as a new file then copy over it - it will balloon from 2mb to 5mb

4. mizen

mizen New Member

Hi - for several months AMS has crashed at startup, always about 5 second after the music starts - even when launch video is removed. Am racing at Brands this coming weekend in the MCR in RL, so trying desperately to get some practice in beforehand...

PC is an i7 3770k, 8mb RAM, GTX 980ti, Windows 10 Home V 1803, OS Build 17134.345

Status against each check as follows:

a) Run a Steam Integrity Check (right-click AMS in your Steam Library -> Properties -> Local files -> Run Integrity Check
    Done

b) Some times some other software causes issues, such as Open Broadcasting Studio and MSI Afterburner. Ensure they are not running at all to see if they cause some issue.
    Switched off everything I can see non-system related. No afterburner, or anything similar running

c) If you are a brazilian user and have Banco Do Brasil internet banking plugin running, try disabling it while you run the game

d) Try removing your Automobilista folder in My Docs, then re-run AMS Config & create a fresh player profile
    Done

e) Make sure no mods are interfering with the game functionality by doing a fresh install (even though older mods may have worked with previous versions of the game they may have become incompatible with recent updates)
    Fresh install on different disk completed. Behavior the same.

f) Check if your antivirus program isnt interfering or blocking AMS from starting (Norton, Avira are known to cause some issues). Ensure you set an exception for your game folder.
    Turned on silent mode, but also - game starts. Checked Norton logs on silent mode and no issues or warnings reported

g) Run the game in Admin mode (right-click the shortcut and select "run as admin")
    Done

h) Disable DynHUD (from AMS Config app) and delete d3d9.dll from your root AMS folder
    Done

i) Lower your Audio PostFX configuration in-game to LOW
    Not able to do that (assume needs game running, as not in the config app?)

Tracelogs attached. One with video, one without as logs move on a bit- but can't see anything obvious.

Help appreciated - anything else you need, please let me know! :)

Attached Files:

5. mizen

mizen New Member

... should also add there are no logs in DynHUD, except those created in the installation.

6. mizen

mizen New Member

Another update, administrative events in the Event Logger shows this:

Faulting application name: AMS.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5af19798
    Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 24.21.13.9793, time stamp: 0x5b047099
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00800133
    Faulting process id: 0x2170
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d46329eecd2c7e
    Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista\AMS.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f32bf428bbff8aa5\nvd3dum.dll
    Report Id: 0324a378-48d2-4690-8bd4-00b21eff9897
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

nvd3dum.dll comes up in all the logs. Re-installing GPU drivers then...

7. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

8. mizen

mizen New Member

Hi Domagoj,

In the end, (clean) reinstalled by GPU drivers but didn't select any of the 3D components. The game then loaded fine. G-sync doesn't work on the latest drivers, but have had that issue before (not just AMS; other sims as well) - so it's just a matter of finding the right driver to get that working too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Add AMS.exe to antivirus exceptions, run integrity check, run config and set it properly (based on your hardware) launch it again and report the results ;)

10. DerLucky

DerLucky Member

All of a sudden, Automobilista won't start anymore for me.

to go through the steps:
    a) Run a Steam Integrity Check (right-click AMS in your Steam Library -> Properties -> Local files -> Run Integrity Check
    Done that multiple times, no effect.

b) Some times some other software causes issues, such as Open Broadcasting Studio and MSI Afterburner. Ensure they are not running at all to see if they cause some issue.
    No other software was running, I uninstalled Precision XOC. No effect.

c) If you are a brazilian user and have Banco Do Brasil internet banking plugin running, try disabling it while you run the game
    n.a.

d) Try removing your Automobilista folder in My Docs, then re-run AMS Config & create a fresh player profile
    Tried that, even the config app will not start.

e) Make sure no mods are interfering with the game functionality by doing a fresh install (even though older mods may have worked with previous versions of the game they may have become incompatible with recent updates)
    Un-, then reinstalled AMS, no mods installed. No effect, still crashes.

f) Check if your antivirus program isnt interfering or blocking AMS from starting (Norton, Avira are known to cause some issues). Ensure you set an exception for your game folder.
    Only using WinDefender, deactivated that, no effect.

g) Run the game in Admin mode (right-click the shortcut and select "run as admin")
    No effect

h) Disable DynHUD (from AMS Config app) and delete d3d9.dll from your root AMS folder
    Can't start config tool

i) Lower your Audio PostFX configuration in-game to LOW
    Can't get ingame

I ended up uninstalling steam, crewchief and SRS. After I reinstalled steam, I only installed AMS. Same issue, when I click play in steam, the game starts loading (that rectangle Automobilista logo appears), but then it stops and nothing happens, same when I try to launch config tool. Steam says "running...running...syncing" and then it CTDs. I installed couple other games, they are working perfectly fine.

System specs:
    i5 8600K @ stock
    GTX 1070ti non OCed Driver 417.71
    16GB RAM

Help?

11. DerLucky

DerLucky Member

It seems to be working again. After the billionth reinstall, I got a clean version of AMS. Every time I installed AMS, i went through all the steps again. WinDefender, Adminmode, delete this folder, delete that file....I think deleting the d3d9.dll did the trick now (Weird, I did that before where it didn't help). So far no hickups.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. mykill

mykill New Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly the same here.. Out of the blue and today only! Renamed d3d9.dll and issue solved :)

13. Marcio Tróes

Marcio Tróes New Member

@Renato Simioni
    Estou com problemas do Automobilista fechar após carregar a pista.
    Já tentei de tudo que o fórum pede, executar como adm, desabilitar o DynHUDm e excluir a DLL, deixar como baixo a opção do áudio, enfim... varias configurações e sempre o mesmo problema.
    De ultimo, formatei a minha maquina 3 vezes (2x com Windows 10 e 1x com Windows 8.1) e instalei somente a steam e o jogo e ocorre o mesmo problema.
    Tirei a placa de vídeo e testei com a ONBord, mesmo problema.
    Já não mais oque fazer...
    Peço a ajuda de vocês.

Micro é um Intel i5, 8GB com placa de vídeo Gigabyte GA-N550D5 (NVIDIA Geforce Gtx 550 Ti).

Obrigado!

Attached Files:

14. taris

taris Member

To solve the Crash To Desktop (CTD) in my PC I first the following steps:

Go in Game Configs/ Controls and click in "Detect" and "Import". After this the game will research you inputs and dont Crash anymore.

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Is there a recommended nVidia driver for Pascal cards and AMS ?
    I have constant issues with AMS not running at all and making my PC unresponsive and i need to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and sign out just to be able to use my PC ! I can C-A-D and get Task Manager up but i cant click anything . This is on any driver in the 400 that i've tried (i haven't tried all) but 399.24 seem good but i also want to play latest games like Metro and ACC to name just two .
    So is there a best driver for AMS ?

16. BB36

BB36 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Post moved to Bug Forum...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  17. Edilson Freshi

Edilson Freshi Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Guys,
    I've played the AMS until yesterday without any problems, today I turned on my PC and the AMS don't run anymore (occurs with beta version installation too). I've tried a lot of things:
    1. Integrity check with Steam;
    2. Run as administrator;
    3. Removed the plugins (gid, daq and z1dashboard);
    4. Reinstalled graphic card drivers (nvidia GTX960);
    5. Reinstalled the game (fresh install);

But the game still not working. The "AMS Config" don't run too.
    I've activated the "+trace=3" and the trace file is attached.

Please can anyone help me?

Attached Files:

18. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Try deleting d3d9.dll file and add AMS folder to antivirus exceptions (if you have one).

19. Edilson Freshi

Edilson Freshi Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi DaVeX, thanks for your reply.. yes.. if I remove the d3d9.dll the game (and AMS Config) start to work. If I put any d3d9.dll (dynhud, gid or sweetfx) the problem back.
    Yesterday I was adjusting the rfactor2 visual settings. Could my configurations on rfactor2 (that use DX11) crash something on DX9 that cause this problem on AMS? (I dont know if it is possible and/or make sense).

20. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Some windows update perhaps? I would open system restore and see if it has any restore points from yesterday / today listed and would restore to that if any is present.