Force Feedback - how to get a "stiffer" wheel?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by White Oak Racing, Apr 1, 2016.

1. TDS

TDS ;-) AMS2 Club Member

yep i know that tho my realfeel file is a custom one.. but i mean the Ctrl 0-9 etc as i don't have a num pad keyboard.. its possible to remap the realfeel controls to other combos so i can adjust it on track with my keyboard?

2. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

does AMS save FFB settings when you change per car per track to each car independently? or do i have to do it each and every time?

3. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You'll need to do it manually.

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

While in the .ini files how do we know what car is what? For eg.[F301:] and [F309:] , some of the others are obvious but is there somewhere to find what all the cars are named or labeled?
    Is there also an explanation what the lines mean/adjust ? eg. Front grip effect and Kf/Ks/A/Kr? what do they do?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. White Oak Racing

White Oak Racing Member AMS2 Club Member

The best way I found to determine what car is which is the turn on the console in the FFB settings - the second line in RealFeelPlugin has the console settings. Checking that will tell you the car model you've selected - I think.
    The other items are, in my opinion, somewhat difficult to decipher. I believe the Front Grip effect changes how the under-steer feels on the car. Not certain what the others do (if the do anything at all). Somewhere here on the forum there is an explanation but I can't find it now - maybe in the FFB sticky that's at the top of one of the forums.
    Hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Gee Thanks for the info. Can i adjust the ffb from in the console?
    Silly question, is this how to open the console ~?

7. White Oak Racing

The console is just a DOS-like screen that shows the data being sent to the wheel. It's not of any value in changing the settings.
    To get the console to run, open the realfeel ini file and change the console line to true. That should make the console appear on the screen when you run AMS.

There's a thread somewhere - either here or in RaceDepartment AMS forum has a good bit of information about RealFeel settings.

If I get a chance, I'll look for it and get back to you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. White Oak Racing

Actually, there's a post in this forum that has a link to some RealFeel info - about the 7th or 8th post.

Also, here's a link to some more info.
    rFactor Better FFB Tutorial

Hope this helps

9. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Since the alst FFb update it did away for the need to use Frontgripeffect so thats why it is set to 0 now :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Spin

Spin Active Member

What's the response setting? I don't see it in the RealFeelPlugin.ini

I always do this too (FFB steer force neutral range @ 0.0) just in case but if the AM "Pure" settings truly are pure, then not a single line of the controller.ini should affect FFB besides the overall gain slider. Is this proof that there are still things affecting AM's FFB even while in "pure" mode + RealFeel mix set to 100%?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  11. Gilles Lalonde

Gilles Lalonde MotherDawg

When facing a link to ISI Forums, use their search to fin it. here I search for "rFactor Better Tutorial" and got: rFactor Better FFB Tutorial
    When you do that and find the new reference... please come back to the thread and post your finds.

Thank You