Couple of bugs

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Philip00, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi @Renato Simioni

I have created this thread because I have seen there was a hotfix in AMS beta which is fixed several issues however there are some bugs which haven't fixed yet and I would like to know that those are going to be fixed in the future.

1st
    "Another problem happens sometimes is while racing, some car or two cars get +1 lap behind while they all are racing together... sometimes happen, sometimes doesn't. Simply a car get +1 lap behind random.

This was mentoned on this thread: Petrobras Marcas AI Problem with video evidience and unfortunately i have expereinced this in offline too.

2nd
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: If I put AIPitThreshold= line in the tbc the game not respect for different tire compounds different values only once a global one. (example I put AIPitThreshold=0.94 line for Supersoft compound but miss this line in Soft compound, the AI still pit tires for soft compund as well when the threshold number reach what i have set for supersoft. I have also tried different values for Soft however the AI pit in the exactly same time for Soft tires like for supersoft no matter what the values is AIPitThreshold in Soft.)
    Steps to reproduce: Put different values for AIPitThreshold in different compounds where tbc is available

This has been so useful to make different AIPitThreshold for different compounds regarding the AIstrategy.

3rd
    This is not a bug however it can be very useful which I have described in other thread
    Hi Renato,

Thanks for the clarification. I would like to know that ai would be capable of changing between the tire compunds multiple times refer to the GDB order. I kmow and I completely uderstand there won't be any new features or content however this feature is already added(AI capable of tyre compund change already) and that would olny be a small fix regarding this. Because right now the player has advantage over the AI. I can change from ultrasoft to supersoft and 10 laps before the end of the race to ultrasoft again however the AI can only change from ultrasoft to supersoft and only for supersoft furthermore.

I have tried to contact with you in the couple of months regarding the issues above without luck. I know you are quite busy and I really appricieate the work that you and the team did for AMS becasue its the best reacing sim in my opinion especially racing offline with the AI.

That is why would like to ask you if you have some little time please answer this thread that those issues is going to be fixed or not becasue I think it would be makes the offline race even better.

Thank you in Advance,

Philip

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi @Renato Simioni and @Dave Stephenson

I know you guys are very busy but please when you guys have little time could you double check those issues which I have written above.

This would make offline racing perfect.

Thank you in Advance,

Philip

• Like Like x 2
  3. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Please guys let us know that you are addressing those issues.

Thank You,

• Like Like x 2
  4. Philip00

Philip00 Member

@Renato Simioni @Dave Stephenson guys could you please answer for this thread.

I am waiting your answer for long time and i would really appriciate it.

Thank you

• Like Like x 2
  5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Hi Philip, apologies for leaving you hanging on this. It´s a bit hectic atm with the rF2 Bundle but I´ll look into these questions for you over the weekend.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Thanks a lot Renato. I know that you arre quite busy and I did not mean to rush you but I just wanted to let you know that fixing those 3 point I mentioned making the game even more perfect which is the best simreacing IMHO

Thank you again Renato you are guys the best!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Renato Simioni

Hi Phillip, once again apologies for the delay.

With regards to the Marcas fuel use issue, we have that bug raised internally and should be able to address it in a future update.

With regards to AIPitThreshold, I haven´t actually verified the bug but in any case I find there´s minimal gain to be had by setting different thresholds for different compounds, we don´t actually do that for different compounds within the same series. Assuming the bug is there you might be able to get at least similar results to what you´re aiming by tweaking the weargrip curve or adjusting the AI wear rate.

With regards to the AI switching tire compounds, the current functionality is actually just a derivative of the Allowed compound function, so that we at least get the AI to switch compounds when they pit for the 1st time. I realize the current system is quite simplistic as far as AI tire strategy goes specially for longer races, but it´s as far as we could go with it at the time.

I should point out that while some things may appear simple to add on the surface, they can actually can turn out to have quite a few ramifications, and not all can be foreseen. It was not unusual during AMS development to start developing a feature we estimated to a certain schedule only to find it taking 5x the time... In some such cases we had to settle for something rather than nothing, and this was one of those cases.

As I mentioned in another topic, we do realize there are some such imperfections remaining still but core development of AMS has already wrapped for a while now as we´re concentrating efforts in what´s coming next - you can at least be assured we´re not unaware of what needs to be improved.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi @Renato Simioni,

Thank you so much for your detailed answer I am really grateful that you are still care about the users opinion.

I would like to confirm some of the issues so I am not misunderstanding anything.

The first issue are mentioned is not the about the AI fuel consumption but that the AI got +1 lap soemtimes randoomly.

On the second issue I udnerstand what you are saying my proble is that even if I don't include that line(AIPitThreshold) in anopther compund they still coming into the pits referring to the compund where the line is included. See above.
    In soft compund there is a line AIPitThreshold=0.93. The AI will go to the pits with supersoft compund as well(even this line is not included in supersoft compund section) when they hit the thresold.
    Regarding the diferent Thresholds: I do understand that I can manage with the trick you mentioned however it would be more useful if I wouldn't need to adjust the weargrip and the wear rate for the AI as there is nothing wrong in there and calculated perfectly which will change if modify.

With the third issue I do understand that the core developlment is already finished and I did not mean much suggestions as modifyng the core system for the game but I think it would be neccesary if the AI could multiple change the compunds in line with the GDB file See above:

Series31
    {
    Quali=3,1,4
    Race=3,1,4
    }

which could be acccording the TBC Ultrasoft, Soft, Medum (Soft in the first pit stop as just like now in the game and Medium i the second pit stop).

I would also like to add that I do understand that it is important for a game to get to next level but improving the offline experience to it's maximum is also benefical(Like how you imrpoved the AI throughout the years increased the basis of the users).

However I hoped with the effeicient support these bugs can be fixed when it is no thte busiest time for you to achieve AMS 1 perfectly.

Also maybe you can confirm at least if these bugs will not be avalible in the next title?

Thank you so much in Advance,

Philip

• Like Like x 2
  9. Renato Simioni

The way I understood the Marcas report there was 2 different bugs, AI cars losing a lap and running out of fuel with high fuel use multipliers. Both issues we plan to investigate further.

For AIPitThreshold, not disagreeing with any of your comments, I´m afraid there just isn´t a necessity from our content to address it as we do always have the parameter and we do set it to be equal between compounds regardless.

Finally, on AI tire strategy, I really don´t think that would be of much use at least as far as original content is concerned - generally speaking and specially in the tracks we have, it´s not necessarily best for the AI to switch to the next harder compound available or even back to the softest compound in their 2nd stops. Maybe if you´re being creative with modding, but otherwise it would be a sideways step that doesn´t warrant dedicating our already sparse coding manpower we have.

Hope you can understand :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi @Renato Simioni

Thank you for your quick reply and your effort to listen and consider my issues.

Just to avoid misuncerstanding I am not saying that becasue of this bugs the game is not enjoyable but as the creative modding is supported and available in this game I thought of sharing and discussing these "bugs" which can be important to users that thrive for perfectly realistic game.

For example regarding the tire compund change imagine that the AI swithces the compund regardless how many times it stops in the pit (Ex. Soft, Medium,Medium) compare to me who can turn the race to my benefits with stopping in the pit and changing my compunds as many times as I want ( Soft, Medium, Soft). With softer compund I have huge advantage compare to the AI which makes the offline racing unbalanced.

I do understand that from your content it is not neccessary to change the threshold in different compunds but for the mod content it is as there are plenty of mods for Automobilista which makes the comunnitiy even larger. And also why can I edit a threshold if the result will always be the same? :)

I assume the majority of the players use the offline mod more which implies the necessity of these kind of changes, esepcially that lot of players are using mods.

I do want to emphasise that I am not trying to push you or be agressive but as you are part of the team I thought it is the best way to ask these questions becasue this is the best racing simulation which cares about offlines users as well.

And I would like to thank you and the team again for listening us and involving us making the game to our taste.

EDIT: Or at least an opportunity for mods like AITirecompundswitch=2 :)

Thank You,

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi @Renato Simioni

I know I have been bothering you with the same issue and I swear this is the last time I bring up this topic

Before I continue I would like to tell you that AMS is the best sim I ever played and I wouldn't bothered you if th game would not be really important to me. This is the only sim where the players can ebnjoy ofline racing becasue of the extremly comptetitive and smart AI.

I don't want you to modify the original content and I know that you guys are finishing AMS but fixing those isues is the best thing that you can give us offline players and this can also be beneficial for the original content as well if you want to impelement it there too(which is not neccesary):
    Some original content (F-Ultimate, F-Ultimate 2018, F-Extreme, F-Reiza) are using multiple tyre compunds and in those series the AI are capable to switch compund once.

The player has enormous advantage against the AI if there is more than on stop as the player can can swithch back to softer compunds (or harder) and because of this can easliy beat the AI and this could ruin the offline experience.

I know that maintaining a finished game can take up time and other resources. However, when you guys created your own content to GSC then Automobilsita was using RFactor as a source, and when you made the changes that makes the AI competetive(and lots of other things) my dream came true, as well as for lot of other players, as the majority of the users are playing offline or fill the grid with AI(Becasue of the timezones, locations, lack of time).

As you were a modder in RFactor I am really hoping and begging to at least think ot over and when you have some time along with the last DLC to fix some issues please try to fix AIPitThreshold and enchane the compund switch method.

Also I discovered something but this is not the priorityto fix just wanted show you a bug which worked back in RFactor but not working in Automobilsita:

When AI stuck in the track RFactor AI uses reverse gear to escape. In Automonilista I can see that the AI is swithcing to reverse as well but immediately switch back to 1st gear and becasue of this trapped and retire form the race.

RFactor AI Reverse

Automobilsita AI Reverse

I know I sound really desperate, however I wouldn't take your time away if, as I mentioned, this wouldn't be the best simracing game(especially offline) ever. Also I need to grab the last opportunity to fix these issues as the last fix and DLC is coming up before your new project(where I don't know if the modding wil be supported or not and who wouldn't udnerstand us as a former modder :) ) so please I would like to ask you to at least think it over and if it is possible make it happen for us players.

Thank you so much for all your attention if you need anything from my side please let me know.

Your hardcore fan,

Philip

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It can't be easily implemented in AMS. Hopefully in AMS 2. There are other seemingly simple things that are also too much real work to fix for AMS.

You'll have to live with it