1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza General Update - Fresh News All Around!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Technically next year could mean next month or in a couple of weeks. :)

2. bobdihi

bobdihi New Member

Reiza is dead. Get over it.

• Dislike x 16
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  3. leobaruk13

leobaruk13 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i think it's because the rF2 DLC pack have a release date revealed and there is some delay... as the Puma don't have release date, nobody is so frustrated or something like.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ams 2 still firmly set to 2019? :p

5. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

By the way, CART88 is out, you can find it on racedepartment ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Tofi

Tofi New Member AMS2 Club Member

Why not to keep codename Reiza 201x? Like 101 is first grade (first steps in education) and 201 means getting to another level.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Because no one is 100% sure we'll see it in this decade. May need 202x! ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know but it seems its ridiculous s397 and reiza don't combine, they pretty much have already, imagine the sim that would come from this.

Moneys tight, fan bases are small, and its competitive amongst the few sims out there. Ams will never beat rf2 alone. soo its a no brainer just make one studio and rid this world of the other sims for good mwhuhahahahahaa

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I understand the want for the companies to combine but then we would be left with less options!
    Why do you think AMS will never beat rF2 alone?
    I'm not even sure why slightly more players are playing rF2 compared to AMS? But if Reiza can merge what they have now in AMS into another more next gen graphics engine I'm sure it could compete and even Decimate rF2 and other Sim competitors! With AMS's outstanding ffb and physics and the great mix of tracks and cars, not to mention if they could keep it modable, man now that's a dream that I would wake from with my sheets stuck to my inner leg!
    :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The interesting point is that at this moment the licensed content doesn't clash, if Reiza renewed the licenses to sell in rF2 it would be great. A merge would be perfect, they polished AMS so well. Reiza is exactly what S397 needs.
    AMS is stagnated pretty much since release according to Steam Charts, while rF2 keeps growing. Both could gain a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Msportdan

Even funnier point is. I posted the same thing on s397 forum they all want the merger. Yet here they don't.

What does that say?

12. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Whatever happened to ISI?

Could Reiza team up with ISI?

13. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I saw in another thread that Reiza has made their AMS 2 engine decision now. Hopefully we'll hear about it soon.

As far as a merger with RF2... it's certainly possible but remember that small business owners often like being the entrepreneurial leader and a merger changes things. Kunos was bought...so the founders got a nice payday and access to capital for the future. But a key was that they are still more or less in charge of their product. If Reiza and S397 merged that would have to be negotiated.

It seems clear that funding is an issue to be competitive if you want market share. AMS has great sim fundamentals ... ffb, physics, lots of content etc. Yet sales and excitement are off. Why? If I had to guess it would be 1) graphics 2) lower amounts of licensed content 3) lack of a marketing strategy. AMS absolutely dominates pCars 2 as a simulation but it sells less because its not shiny, people don't recognize the cars and the business strategy doesn't support gaining market share.

The small group of us here know this is a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Msportdan

Good point. Maybe what's good for the Consumer isnt good for the owners.

Shane I would love to see these make one sim you literally couldnt better it

15. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You might want to do some research on what PC2 simulates. :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

PC2 may be technically impressive on paper but, it doesn't impress in the driving dept., not for me anyway. I've spent 145 hours trying to like it but, the only parts I occasionally use are the RallyX cars and tracks.

The rest just feels sub-standard for various reasons including audio, tire-model, AI behavior, track inaccuracies, etc. There are just a lot of things that break the immersion or feel dis-jointed to me.

I like what SMS tried to do with PC2 but, I feel like it was too ambitious and lacked the proper focus to make it a complete package in simulation terms.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. GTSpeedster

GTSpeedster Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm certain Renato will choose what's best for his business at the end of the day and that's all that really matters.

From my own selfish point of view I think it would be a pity to abandon the isimotor2 after all that was done and achieved with it. AMS is what rF2 should have been in the first place as far as I'm concerned and I'm not sure how a possible jump over to a rF2 "2.5" physics engine would imply any obvious step forward in term of realism. Is the change taking place only to improve the graphics? Well, is the rF2 graphics engine really worth the swap? Seems only like a sideways move to me.

Very sad that simulation gets to be judged almost exclusively by its shiny graphics these days; to the point developers are forced to seriously ponder discarding their solid physics in pursuit of a larger share of the market. It is what it is, but still...

As a side note I live in constant bafflement regarding the massive popularity of Assetto Corsa. I don't even think that its graphics are anything special and certainly not realistic with all those hollywood lights and all kinds of fake effects. In fact it's always struck me as being a lifeless graveyard. Am I the only one with that impression?

Anyway, perhaps financial success actually lies in providing dodgy physics and mediocre FFB. o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want to know how it'd improve in terms of realism study the physics, plenty of material about rF1 (AMS improved but you can still learn from rF1), then compare with rF2. The improvement is real and impressive. The series of physics blog from ISI teaching how to port cars should tell a lot about the differences (dont know if still possible to find them), there was one or 2 more physics blog posted since S397 took over, recommended read if you are curious.
    Reiza did AMS in the way ISI should have done rF2 yeah, but for good or bad rF2 physics is more impressive in the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

...and this is why most of us would like a merge, Reiza and S397 could improve the actual rF2 engine and even make it better (AMS is an example, just port audio, AI, proper clutch/gear simulation to rF2 and....BOM!)...

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Superior physics capabilities, which the rF2 engine clearly has, only produces a better sim if programmed properly and methodically. rF2 cars a dog's breakfast of inconsistency and most behave and feel worse than cars in AMS. A very few are brilliant and show how great rF2 could be if it was populated with consistently high quality vehicles.

Graphics is the same story. Six years late, we are finally seeing decent shaders and lighting in rF2. Previously, then engine had the capability, but I guess no one knew how to program or it, or couldn't be bothered to do it, despite the universal criticism of cartoonish graphics in rF2. Of course, they weren't actually cartoonish, but substandard shaders and a few other poor artistic choices made them look more outdated than necessary.

AMS is brilliant because Reiza chose to update precisely the things that matter most to a racing simulation--some even better or farther than rF2 did. They chose to update only what they had the technical proficiency to master. This is in huge contrast to ISI and iRacing--both who have spent years spinning in circles unable to grasp their own creations. S397 is on the right track, but the pace of improvement is glacial and apparently doesn't include going back to update existing content--something Reiza does consistently and brilliantly.

On the whole, I agree with @GTSpeedster above. I'd rather have the existing AMS physics iteration with new graphics and some new dynamic weather and lighting. It's more pleasurable to me than being teased with the occasional fantastic quality vehicle or track mixed in with a huge number of lower quality and inconsistent pieces of content...and in the case of rF2, also in an unbelievably frustrating, incompetently designed mess of a UI.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.