Server Settings

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Phil, Sep 6, 2016.

1. LeD00m

LeD00m New Member

Hi all, I've been running the dedi server for some time now with no issues but now I'm unable to progress to race 2 or 3, it just cycles back to practice. Any help please? Thanks!!

2. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Check your plr file for this and change it accordingly? (range: 1-4)
    MULTI Num Race Sessions="1"

3. Brunora94

Brunora94 New Member

Hello
    We have a problem when creating the dedicated server
    We are creating the game on a server and the FPS rate does not go up to 60 and goes down continuously
    However, if dedicated server is executed on a PC, the frame rate goes up to 200 Could someone give me a solution?
    We already have open ports
    Thank you

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Brunora94 It's not uncommon to see small dips from time to time. Big dips can occur when another process is grabbing lots of resources momentarily. If you see this more when people join (other than a small dip) check the settings of any anitvirus/windows defender and try with realtime scanning exclusions on the install directory and the profiles directory in 'My Docmuments/Automobilista'.

As for the upper cap on framerate there is a setting in the Multiplayer.ini of each profile (stored in 'My Documents/<profile_name>/Multiplayer.ini) which allows setting a target framerate. The default is 250 so not sure why it would be different unless you set it that way but it's worth checking all the same.

The setting can be found under the '[ Multiplayer Server Options ]' section at the bottom of the file and looks like the one below.
    Code:
    Dedicated Target FPS Rate="250" // Target sampling rate for dedicated server (higher #s reduce latency slightly but increase CPU usage)