1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Featuring a total of 6 vehicles and 4 unique venues in 10 different layouts, mixing world-class race tracks such as Imola and VIR with exotic locations such as Ibarra and Guaporé; powerful modern prototypes such as the Metalmoro AJR with the challenging Formula Vee trainer, the Reiza rF2 Bundle combines the diverse content developed with quality standards and attention to detail Reiza became known for, with rFactor 2´s advanced simulation technology for a powerful sim racing experience!

Items from the bundle can be purchased individually as well as in packs:

Track Pack: rFactor 2 on Steam

Car Pack: rFactor 2 on Steam

And finally the complete Bundle featuring all items in a single specially priced purchase: rFactor 2 on Steam

Tracks:

Virginia International Raceway (commonly known as "VIR") is a race track located in Alton, Virginia VIR is an incredibly beautiful and diverse racetrack allowing for numerous configurations, suiting all types of categories from small club cars to big GT and powerful prototypes.

The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola, better known as Imola, has hosted both the Italian and San Marino Grand Prix 28 times in total. This rF2 track comes in two versions: the classic, dangerous 1972 layout surrounded by nearby barriers before the introduction of chicanes to reduce its high speed nature, along with the current configuration fully adapted to modern standards but still retaining a lot of the unique challenges that made it famous.

Autódromo Internacional de Guaporé is a motorsports circuit in Guaporé, a small city in southern Brazil. It is one of the oldest race tracks in the country and traditionally hosts a variety of different categories, ranging from Classic tintops, modern endurance prototypes to racing trucks.

The Autódromo Internacional de Yahuarcocha, is located in Ibarra, Ecuador. It´s unique layout flowing around and in between a lake, mountains and even a vulcano makes it an unique driving experience.

Cars:
    Formula Vee

This popular trainer formula car is heavily based on parts from the classic VW Beetle. Its open differential and swing axle rear suspension makes it a constant challenge and ideal tool to develop your driving skills.

MCR Sports 2000
    The MCR S2000 is an incredibly nimble 500kg British prototype features an I4 Duratec engine, and is popular racer both for its driving fun as well as close wheel-to-wheel races.

Metalmoro MR18
    The MR18 is a succesful mid-range endurance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. It features a Honda K20 I4 Turbo engine.

Metalmoro AJR
    The AJR is the latest high-performance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. Capable matching the performance of a modern LMP2 car, this versatile prototype can be used with a range of different engines - the rF2 version features versions with Honda K20 I4 Turbo, Powertec V8, Chevrolet V8 and Judd V10.

Puma GTE
    A sensation among Brazilian car enthusiasts from the 70s, the GTE is a modified version of the VW Beetle, featuring the same mechanics of the Brazilian Fusca with a lower, light weight fiberglass bodywork in an iconic design. The rFactor2 version is modeled after the original car and runs on radial tyres.

Puma P052
    The P052 is a modern re-imagination of the 70s Brazilian classic, it retains many of the pure driving attributes that made the originals so popular in Brazil. The current prototype as modeled in rFactor2 runs with tuned MIVEC engine, 5-speed gearbox and slick tyres.

Please post feedback, bug reports and questions regarding the items in this release here.

For questions regarding rFactor2 itself, please use Studio 397´s forum.

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  2. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

When will it be unlocked for Reiza backers? Can't wait to drive them all!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

it should be in your inventory for rf2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, now it's downloading them.

I guess I read the thread so fast, I went to rF2 but nothing showed up. I looked up to the shop and it still showed up to buy it.

But I completely closed Steam, went to rF2 again and 10 new items are downloading, the first of them being Imola.

Formula Vee, here I go!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Looks great! Hopefully it will go on sale sometime soon.
    Don't take me wrong, all kudos to you guys from Reiza & S397 for such great work but buying a DLC pack that costs more than the base game is out of the question for me and probably for other Brazilian players as well due to the way prices work for these in-game items. Same goes for other DLC packs like Endurance & GT3, each pack is more expensive than the base game.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Heaps Reiza !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay New Member

hi cant see a bug forum
    ill leave this here, if u go close to the apex the car is lost cause it snatches in the track. takin a wide apex (very wide) seems to be ok, also ride height could be a part of it but this wouldnt happen in real life i guess. cya

8. cortmarshal

cortmarshal New Member AMS2 Club Member

I've got some bugs to report

The kerbs on the tracks don't seem to trigger the sound and ffb rumble the way that most Rfactor2 tracks do.

In the MR18 the surround texture for the side windows is transparent to certain track materials? I noticed this with the kerbing on Imola.
    [​IMG]

In the MCR the vertical rev/shift lights on either side of the display are completely transparent when not lit up, you can see straight through to the dash behind them
    [​IMG]

Also I would say the interior sounds in general are too quiet, although Rfactor2 sounds are all over the place even in Studio397 content, maybe Reiza has done the best they could. But the tyre scrub sound for the rears on the PUMA GTE doesn't sound right at all. It's almost like a theremin sample or something. It's most noticeable after a corner when straightening out the car again.

In the car garage menu, the steering lock on most Rfactor2 cars show the degrees of rotation for the steering wheel, and then the max steering angle in parentheses like below, whereas the Reiza cars only show the steering angle.
    [​IMG]

And in the notes section of the garage menu for cars with no pit limiter it usually shows a hint for the pit speed. This would be very helpful on the Formula Vee.
    [​IMG]

The physics is fantastic, you've done a great job on the cars and I absolutely love the little details on the tracks with the spectator cars driving around and crossing the bridge during the session, and the drones that fly around.

Maybe this last thing isn't a bug per se but the car liveries/skins on the Puma GTE seem a bit too saturated or vibrant compared to the other cars. That might just be a useless personal opinion though.

Thanks for the great content!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 4
  9. madleecher1985

madleecher1985 Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm also a REIZA Backers .. but i dont have get the DLC in rfactor2 !?

10. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. lionel

lionel New Member

Hello, the new content for rfactor 2 is not for those who bought all AMS content?

12. Ledenko

Ledenko New Member AMS2 Club Member

Great pack, Reiza! Thank you for making it for us.

• Like Like x 1
  13. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

are you a backer or reiza membership owner? those get it for free

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Reiza for the pack! Bought without hesitation and will spend some quality time with these cars and tracks.

For people finding the price a bit steep, keep in mind that Steam get its cut as well as Studio 397. And this great content did not magically made itself out of thin air. So I encourage anyone wanting to support Reiza to buy it (including those who can get it for free).

• Like Like x 2
  15. lionel

lionel New Member

I do not know anymore, I am REIZA since its beginning, I bought all their games and contents from the beginning. But I guess yes since I have access to the beta of AMS on my steam account.

16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I bought AMS + season pass on Steam and have access to AMS beta & Reiza 51. Does that mean I can get the rF2 bundle for free?

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Only had 10 minutes to try and chose the conv
    I'm pretty sure you needed to buy from here on the forum !

18. Mantas

Mantas New Member

Brilliant pack !

Interesting thing. I like cars steering more with slightly off steering degrees. I felt that if game and wheel profiler degs were 1:1, then cars feels too direct to me, not enough pneumatic at tires. Great with 1:1, but with an error of few percent feels somehow more natural in my mind.

Some graphics things. Though I think everything is great. There are few things I'd like to mention.
    • Some trees has mip maps bleeding out very noticeably
    • As i drove in historic Imola I thought that shadows are too dar, ambient color too dark ? other rF2 thing ?
    • Absolutely love VIR, I think it is best looking. Very good track. But I thought that tarmac specular maps are a bit dull when going to T1. At Imola I thought that tarmac lacks visual features.
    Is Puma P052 using the clutch, it was weird at first, but when I started using clutch and heel and toe, it became very awesome.

19. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

1st thing: I'm very impressed by how all the cars feel and the tracks look great as well.

I already wrote this in the rF2 thread for the dlc: There are just some minor and one (at least for me) quite annoying bug:

- The front suspension of the Formula Vee car is invisible in cockpit view. Hard to notice on the monitor, but very noticable in vr:
    missing suspension.jpg

- With low player car details i get a lot of z-fighting in both wing mirrors of the Puma P052. The issue disappears with higher graphics settings though:
    zfighing mirror.jpg

- In AMS all the cars with the Chevy V8 have this incredibly satisfying engine start noise, but there seems to be a bit of it missing in the Metalmoro AJR car with that engine. I recorded the car both in AMS and rF2 to hear the difference:

And the big, annoying one (at least for me):
    - I disabled everything that might cause any head/cockpit movement in the rF2 options: No lock to horizon, no head physics etc., but i still get some cockpit movement on bumpy track surfaces. I tested it with some of the official Studio 397 cars on the Reiza tracks, they don't do that. Not sure what's causing it, it doesn't happen with any other content, just the Reiza cars.

Otherwise i really like all the content so far. Driving feels awesome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mantas

Mantas New Member

Tracks are incredible, at least Guapore, VIR and 2018 Imola so far looksl ike top content there was in rF2 yet. I also drove tracks in the rain, heavy rain, to dry... And it looks fantastic... very good utilisation of rF2 engine has been made. Some times as i drove through 2018 wet Imola as it was raining, and later just as rain stopped, the track looked almost real. I got some of GranTurismo Sport visual vibes. Amazing.

Puddles in Guapore are very intense, looks amazing, but no aquaplaning or any features of puddles physics and sounds starts running in the mind, but it is ofcourse just a wish, not an issue.

Also as I drove Guapore i saw all the puddles, but honestly thought that physical mesh of the road is not matching that well. I know thats just cosmetic, not an issue, just an rF2 wish again... but also I suppose that track is simply too flat in terms of macro undulations.

Liked driving in the rain a lot, it is fantastic and I love to use this feature of rF2. I thought that cars may be too good with longitudinal traction in the wet, and doing a bit too fast laptimes, didn't felt very much slower.