1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss New Member AMS2 Club Member

I already posted this on RD since I quess everybody is tired of seeing the same ISI era Corvette C6 SC
    How about giving the Puma P052 a role as safety car and the Puma GTE a role for vintage races

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dragon60

Dragon60 New Member

After driving all the cars and tracks from the DLC my message to Reiza is:
    WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! WE WANT MORE !!! ...:D

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. schouba88

schouba88 Member AMS2 Club Member

I bought AMS + season pass on Steam, i can have reiza pack on rf2 for free ?

4. vtr

vtr New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello
    first of all thanks for this good package! but .... my thrustmaster TX wheel has gone to hell and I don't know when I can replace it, so I'm using a xbox controller for pc. The point is that the change that you have introduced to the degrees of the steering wheel, makes the cars of this package on rf2 uncontrollable, for those users who for one reason or another will use an xbox controller, I explain: in AMS in my beloved formula Vee, or any other car, I can go down to 12 degrees in the steering ratio and in this way I can control it well, in rf2, always in the Vee formula instead the minimum ratio is 24 degrees, that is terrible with a controller, try for to believe ! Now I wonder if this change is final or will it be revised? I also thought in a future AMS 2. The tracks are perfect in rf2, but the cars with this steering wheel ratio I can't really appreciate sorry.
    a sad man with a broken steering wheel :(

Greetings to all the Reiza boys !!

5. FrC

FrC New Member AMS2 Club Member

Many thanks for your DLC!!!
    it's a very good job!!
    don't hesitate to previous a second cars pack with:
    - mini
    - F3
    - seven
    - stockcar V8
    - super V8
    - and copa petrobras de marcas
    That's all :D :D

Seriously, it's very nice pack, physics of cars are very good, and tracks are very nice and detailed
    many thanks for that!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Loving the pack ,but have noticed the Pumas AI seem more aggressive than other cars in the pack?

7. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

MetalMoro AJR mini-review

I'm quite familiar with the AJR in AMS. It is one of my favorite car.

I spent a few hours driving in rF2 the AJR (The Judd V10 variant, the fastest of the bunch) on 2 tracks I'm familiar with in AMS (Bathurst, Road Atlanta) and one that is in rF2 and not in AMS (Matsusaka - aka Suzuka).
    I must say I'm really impressed in the translation of this car in rF2: it is very familiar and recognizable in term of physics yet having its distinct personality in both sims. It challenging at the limit, but not identical due to the different physic engines. I'd say that it requires a bit more attention in curbs in rF2.

I cannot say I definitely prefer one version or the other: I like them both. I do like the updated car model and proper car collisions in rF2 though. I like the cohesiveness and immersiveness of AMS and its vivid color palette for tracks. I think I like AMS FFB a bit better but not by much. Car feel superbly connected to the road in AMS (very important for immersion) while rF2 seems to have more advanced and subtle handling (physics).

The AJR is on par with the LMP2 Oreca 07 in term of performance (at least the Judd variant) which can be used for mixed races. Try it on Matsusaka for a nice experience.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, what an outstanding pack that is! Congratulations!
    It's pure joy to race these cars on these great tracks.
    I hope you'll add more content. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm a backer but I bought the pack yesterday anyway and in general I'm extremely impressed. Congratulations to Reiza for a great release which gives a glimpse at what AMS2 might be like. For the most part the transition of AMS content into rF2 has been handed really well, and the beautifully detailed AMS assets certainly benefit from rF2's graphical improvements.

One area that I feel hasn't been handled very well is the damage modelling, or rather the lack thereof. Damaged cars don't utilise rF2's damage textures at all, and there seems to be absolutely minimal impact on car performance or handling even with significant damage that should at least have the wheel pulling etc. I'm hopeful that this pack won't be a "release and forget" style pack, and that Reiza will at least look into some improvements in this area.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Randall Kipker

Randall Kipker New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to know how to obtain the DLC as I've back the Reiza funding project....generously. Thanks for this extra gift Reiza... RK

11. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

Imola 2018 seems to have some stuttering issues. As well, just for kicks, I tried one of my other favorite cars, the 2013 GT500 Nissan and the curbs from the in car view only are mirrored instead of being red and white rumble strips.

12. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

13. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

- The major trouble is AI :
    At 100% it's too much easy, even if I start last with 24 AI, I'm first in 1 or two laps.
    At +100%, AI always go off road in each corner....so AI can't stay on the track at +100%.....and i think 115% is for me the right difficulty, but i can't enjoy cause at 115%, AI always go off road in each corner, like they can't "control" the boost difficulty/power.
    Even if i use the GTE/GT3 cars, the AI is broken at +100%, so i guess the AIW needs a very good rework.
    And I don't see the AI blocking the line like on Sebring.....

- Then I can say, that as we all expect, the gearbox is broken.

- Some cars don't have rain tyre (Vee and MCR) and the Puma52 doesn't have headlights, nice for rain/night race....

- The tracks are well made, even if i can feel that the road mesh from Sebring (s397) seems far more detailed.

- One minor bug with the back red light of the Puma52, it's too much glooming, or something like that.

-The optimisation is very good, the most important point I think, compared to the s397 cars.

my verdict now : 7/10.
    (I think the Nordschleife track from s397 will have the Sebring quality, Even if Ibarra is very well made, the road mesh is not as detailed as the s397 tracks.)
    I wonder if the Nordschleife from S397 ( + the GTE or the GT3 packs I already own) will not bring me more satisfaction than the complete Reiza rF2 bundle. If the AIW is reworked, I will be satisfied, but in this stage not.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  14. Paul Spencer

Paul Spencer New Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you happen to know if Reiza / Studio 397 are looking to fix the F.Vee in RF2? It kills the rear tyre temps... Ive been looking to put a vid together on the problem. in AMS I can run consistently without spinning, in RF2 I'm yet to successfully complete the same race in 5 laps!?!

You can see the tyres instantly spike up in Temps above 120-200 degrees as soon as you lose traction
    in AMS they never go above 80-90 no matter what..
    I'm lead to believe that its an issue with the inherited tyre model (from the RF2 skip barber which is forever old!) but really makes the Vee unraceable and looks bad on Reiza even though it's not their fault...?
    Beyond that the pack is awesome... have been a long term backer but bought the pack anyway to show my support...
    Hope that we maybe see a pack 2 if this proves a success for both parties.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gerardo

Gerardo Member

A bug, the rain don't affect the curbs in Virgina. :)
    [​IMG]

16. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wonder why the AjR Honda Turbo has such different rpms between both titles.
    In Automobilista we can bring the engine up to approx. 7,900 rpm, in rF2 the engine only manages 7,200. There is also no way to adjust the settings or engine-mix. Curious. It seems the car is also quicker in Automobilista.

Will this be updated in future?

17. Korva7

Korva7 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the pack! i'm very happy with it. I had to use more filtering in simucube compared to latest s397 cars, but after that adjustment cars are feeling great.
    I would be very surprised if they were using that old tyre model for these new cars.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

For the AI feedback it would help if were more specific with regards to track / car and corner where you see the issues, We have found issues to fix with VIR Full and Grand layouts, but elsewhere I´m running 105% for most of my testing and can´t quite reproduce so more details would be appreciated.

With regards to the gearbox being broken, if you mean no need to use clutch to shift gears in manual cars there´s not much we can do as unfortunately we can´t add features via content. we can only add it when the feature is introduced to the base game.

The P052 doesn´t have headlights because the real car doesn´t have headlights :) The Vee doesn´t have rain tires because it uses a radial road tire for any condition, same for the Puma GTE. The MCR should have a rain tire compound though, will be added.

Finally regarding mesh resolution, I´m pretty sure the road mesh at Sebring isn´t any higher resolution than our tracks, bumps are probably more perceptible there simply because it´s a bumpier mesh.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Renato Simioni

We´ll look into that, actually there seems to be quite a lot of issues relating to steering ratio and the way it scales to the controller rotation depending on the player profile setting which seems to account at least in part to the difficulties some are experiencing.

For the most part the difference between the Vee in AMS and in rF2 is down to the tire model and that includes thermodynamics, it´s quite different and actually more accurate in rF2 where temperatures build up very quickly when the tire is sliding which is a significant problem for drivers in the real series.

Yep, full turbo modeling is still being worked on.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Renato Simioni

The missing front suspension in the Vee is a bit of a head scratcher, certainly need to figure that oen out.

AJR Chevy start sounds will be sorted.

We may need to adjust head physics so they don´t require different settings vs other official content. For now check the cockpit / head movement settings below in your player.json profile:

"Head Physics":0,

"Car Vibration Mult1":0,
    "Car Vibration Mult1#":"Primary engine vibration multiplier affects position of cameras attached directly to the car",
    "Car Vibration Mult2":0,
    "Car Vibration Mult2#":"Secondary engine vibration multiplier affects orientation of cameras attached directly to the car",
    "Center Mirror Horiz":0,
    "Center Mirror Horiz#":"use Ctrl+Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle",
    "Center Mirror Size":1,
    "Center Mirror Vert":0,
    "Cockpit Vibration Freq1":0,
    "Cockpit Vibration Freq1#":"Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)",
    "Cockpit Vibration Freq2":0,
    "Cockpit Vibration Freq2#":"Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation",
    "Cockpit Vibration Mult1":0,
    "Cockpit Vibration Mult1#":"Primary aerodynamic vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)",
    "Cockpit Vibration Mult2":0,

Seems to be a tire pressure issue, keep it above 160 to avoid such issues at high speed.

• Like Like x 3